Home

Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

This is a discussion on Living in the Past with NBA 2K11 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

Living in the past is undoubtedly something we all do.

At some point in our lives we are told not to. At another point, we’re told to reminisce. How are we, as human beings, to understand which path to take? The answer has finally arrived.

It was a long wait before the fateful day of October 5 finally arrived. To some, it was another terrible Tuesday, arguably the worst work day in the week. To others, it was just a blur. But to us gamers, it is a day that has already reached the status of infamy. October 5 was the day NBA 2K11 hit store shelves and finally gave us our answer.

Live in the past.

Read More - Living in the Past with NBA 2K11
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

Great post. A team I just rebuilt (but with no intention of bringing them into Association) is the 2000-01 Lakers. It's great to see the fantasy matchup agains the 96 Bulls.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
NICE!!! How bout the NBA moves Memphis to the east and gives Seattle the bobcats... Im talking IRL, i mean it makes sense. Charlotte is still in the expansion team phase no one really respects the franchise and memphis is further east than milwaukee... Why cant the NBA do one thing right... Seattle fans i know not having durant like you should would ever make it like it was, but it does give seattle the team they rightfully deserve, new arena or not
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Living in the past is undoubtedly something we all do.

At some point in our lives we are told not to. At another point, we’re told to reminisce. How are we, as human beings, to understand which path to take? The answer has finally arrived.

It was a long wait before the fateful day of October 5 finally arrived. To some, it was another terrible Tuesday, arguably the worst work day in the week. To others, it was just a blur. But to us gamers, it is a day that has already reached the status of infamy. October 5 was the day NBA 2K11 hit store shelves and finally gave us our answer.

Live in the past.

Read More - Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

Nice read, i too am loving this aspect of the game. I may never play as a 2011 team in season mode the whole year with this game. I can understand how in your situation it provides a whole different level of satisfaction. Kemp was a beast in his best years. I love the fact they didnt just stick the faces and ratinngs on the players. so many of them move, run, pass, etc just as they did. as someone who thought the Jordan era produced some of the best basketball ive ever wittnessed (not just from MJ but from cats trying to take his crown) im loving this game that much more.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13
It'd be much cooler if we could play with these classic teams ONLINE. Never understood why 2K didn't add this feature. It doesn't have to be for ranked games. But Unranked games against buddies would have been awesome.

BigBlue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
great freaking idea go SONICS
Old 10-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Good write-up Cris..