Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #265
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

What are you using?

I like what you're seeing better. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #266
Banned

OVR: 14

I have it dead center. I was getting discouraged with how easily the CPU was throwing out my really fast guys, so I increased it up one click at a time until it was maxed. It turns out that all the way up makes it impossible for the player to steal and impossible to throw out the CPU's runner. I would see the CPU's catcher throw a ball when my runner was three steps away from second and still get him. On slow motion, the ball would literally warp three times to the get to the bag in time instead of a steady progression you should see on the replay. In the meantime, the CPU's average runners were getting stand up steals on pitch outs. I moved it the other way and the reverse happened. So the stolen base slider is broken, as others have also discovered. So I keep it dead center, even though it is inaccurate, in hopes that it is the closest thing to fair possible for both teams.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #267
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I have it dead center. I was getting discouraged with how easily the CPU was throwing out my really fast guys, so I increased it up one click at a time until it was maxed. It turns out that all the way up makes it impossible for the player to steal and impossible to throw out the CPU's runner. I would see the CPU's catcher throw a ball when my runner was three steps away from second and still get him. On slow motion, the ball would literally warp three times to the get to the bag in time instead of a steady progression you should see on the replay. In the meantime, the CPU's average runners were getting stand up steals on pitch outs. I moved it the other way and the reverse happened. So the stolen base slider is broken, as others have also discovered. So I keep it dead center, even though it is inaccurate, in hopes that it is the closest thing to fair possible for both teams.
You mean Success, right?

How about the frequency?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #268
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

OVR: 2

Things I like – Things I don’t likefficeffice" />>>
Let me start on a positive note. Player models, for the most part, are accurate. Perhaps you can tweak a few here in there. That’s it. Uniforms and stadiums look fantastic. Grass, in most stadiums, looks right. Game play, as a whole, is pretty good. That part of the game has improved over the years. Hopefully, 2011 will be even better. But there are areas that need to be upgraded, and I mean upgraded. I will explain this in the Things I don’t like later on. The game looks pretty realistically as a whole. I particularly like a batter who dejectedly breaks his bat or a pitcher who slams his glove against the wall in the dugout. That’s hilarious and adds punch (no pun intended) to the game. To sum up, this game is way better than its counterpart MLB 2K.>>
On the negative side, well I’m sorry, but there are areas that need to be upgraded. And I mean upgraded. Game presentation is stale, particularly when it comes to post-season play. Put some life into it! Make it so you really feel it’s the most important time of the season. Game play wise, I would improve the throws to the catchers from the outfield. In all cases, the ball arrives on the first base side of the plate all the time. Come on, that is not realistic! Also, outfielders do make errors at time. The game should reflect that. A miss judged fly here, a dropped fly there, an occasional errant throw would enhance the realism of the game tremendously. How about a couple of outfielders/infielders converging on the ball, only to see it drop! It happens in ball game, you know. Foul balls which land near an outfielder and he does even pick it up? Think about it! The crowd looks to youngish. A large proportion of fans attending ball games are older people. Therefore, crowd models should reflect that. When it comes to the All-star game and post season play, I would insert outfield umpires. After all, that’s what happens in real life. What needs to be fixed also are throws from the outfield to the infield. They start right, but about halfway they suddenly pick up speed and seem to change direction!
Finally, let’s talk about the commentators. Matt Vasgersian is ok, although I much prefer Garry Thorne. Now that’s a real baseball voice for you. As for Rex Hudler and Dave Campbell, what more can be said? I would not renew their contract (unless they’re signed for 2011. Hope not. Thank God I can silence them by using a code. What a relief! In that area, 2K is much much better. Speaking of commentators, how about telling the gamers what a hitter has done THIS season. NOT last season. It would really add a lot to the game and might even change the way your pitcher approaches this hitter in certain cases. If so and so has hit a couple of HR’s against your pitcher lately, you might consider changing him or pitch him more carefully. That would really add realism to the game. >>
If other things I missed can be improved, so much the better. All in all, The Show is a darn good baseball game. But please, change the commentators and make them less repetitive.
Looking foward to an already fantastic game in 2011.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #269
Banned

OVR: 12

Four keys to success ? What ? The Show isn't successful yet ?

I don't know. I'll list 4 things I think would be cool to see next year..

Improved player models ( less width in the shoulders )
Improved HR derby
Improved real time presentation
Able to import seasons and other saved games
Old 11-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #270
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
Four keys to success ? What ? The Show isn't successful yet ?

I don't know. I'll list 4 things I think would be cool to see next year..

Improved player models ( less width in the shoulders )
Improved HR derby
Improved real time presentation
Able to import seasons and other saved games
The bolded one is on my Christmas list!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #271
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
The bolded one is on my Christmas list!!!
Of which year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #272
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Of which year?
!!!

Considering I have my Christmas lists written out until 2017...

All of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »