Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #241
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: I only need 3 corrections, then I'm hooked

I think he meant this version.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #242
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think he meant this version.

M.K.
Knight165
Who knows. If he did, then it's not in the vein of what I'm talking about.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #243
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Wrong. You don't want to assume what will bother someone else or not. I've played games with and without those things and won't go into it here as it is not acceptable and I want to honor that.

What you're talking about is complacency. If they want to continually build on their structure and their model and since it appears that they are interested in making the most realistic baseball game in both gameplay AND appearance (globally), then the things in my list are an almost must, especially when it comes to player movement and flexibility of commands.
Well if cut scenes of players tapping their helmet is bothersome to you, you'll never be completely satisfied anyway.

Also, I was only talking about MLB 10, so take a breath cause ya know what, bottom line is, you're gonna continue to play MLB 10 The Show and you're gonna enjoy it.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #244
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
Well if cut scenes of players tapping their helmet is bothersome to you, you'll never be completely satisfied anyway.

Also, I was only talking about MLB 10, so take a breath cause ya know what, bottom line is, you're gonna continue to play MLB 10 The Show and you're gonna enjoy it.

Like I started it out.... "I'm not overly concerned about cut scenes, ...." And I know you were talking about 10, but I think we're on to what we want to see in 11, no?

I'm breathing just fine and overall, it's now my second favorite BB game. But those things would probably propel it to #1. Probably.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #245
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

the more things we can add visually to bring this game as close to aa real time broadcast from tv as possible the better. this includes commentary to cut scenes to stats, etc. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #246
MVP

OVR: 8

I think the gameplay is pretty darn solid. My major concerns with the game are more with the Franchise system and the statistical record keeping. CPU logic for trades and free agents signinings needs to be improved. Obviously the training mode and subsequent glitch needs to be fixed. I figure the training option will remain as all sports video games seem fascinated by the idea of letting players improve by leaps and bounds with training or rewards points or whatnot. They just need to make it so it doesn't skew the contract and free agent system like it did with this year's game.

In the franchise offseason they need to improve the information available. Currently minor league stats disappear, so you can no longer view the type of season a young player may have had. Just going by potential rating is dicy. Also contract info disappears. It would be nice to see how much the player made the previous year at all points in the offseason process.

I'd also think there is a need for more statistics and career stat tracking.

As far as gameplay the only real issues I have are fairly minor. Poor positioning by the 3b which results in many down the line extra base hits. I think there are too many on the button line drives hit for outs and not enough gap hits. I'm comfortable with both the pitching and hitting systems, although I'm always open to a few tweaks that might improve them. I wouldn't want to see a return to the MVP style hitting system due to the insane stats that could be compiled with mastery of that system. Even with the so-called lefty power glitch, by holding the stick up and right until two strikes with Garret Anderson (just as an example since I played the Angels) I was good for 50 HRs plus a year. That said I still love that game.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #247
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I've always been an Xbox guy and almost pulled the plug on a PS3 last year, but couldn't. Now I'm leaning in that direction and after selling a bunch of components and borrowing a unit and this year's game, I can see what all the hub-bub (bub) is about. But I need 3 corrections for "11" (start the Spinal Tap jokes now!)....

1. Fielding cams.... need the option for something more subtle. Some type of view that pans back and give you more of what's happening on the field at the same time. Cams following the ball around might be good for some golf shots, but not in a baseball game.

2. Better motion/momentum .... movement going to a ball in play or coming off the bag after a catch is way too abrupt, last gen-like in a way. People don't move like that. That includes makes directional changes/cuts.

3. Throwing motions .... I know I had this question answered about pre-determining where you're going to throw, but that's not always realistic. I should have the option to do that or to stop, set and throw, without it looking like a hornet just crawled into my cup! The off-balance, wrong-footed throw should be programmed into certain types of situations and angles, not when I purposely stop and push the button to throw to a base.

*additional minor* I'm not overly concerned about cut scenes, but the constant helmet taps, whether rounding the bag during a HR or when going back to the dugout after striking out should be minimized.

----now I have to learn how to not strike out so much!
1 and 3 are already in the game.

-High and/or broadcast camera

-Wait for the ball to get into the fielder's glove when catching before hitting the throw button, and he'll come to a set position and throw.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #248
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I think the gameplay is pretty darn solid. My major concerns with the game are more with the Franchise system and the statistical record keeping. CPU logic for trades and free agents signinings needs to be improved.
I am not busting your chops here. I really want to know how you would go about this? I hear "improve trade logic" all the time, but no one ever suggests how; therefore, I wouldn't expect the developers to improve it. So how would you, or anyone that feel this way, go about improving it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »