Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #457
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Yankee is correct in terms of the sliders, they only affect games that are played not simmed.

Update: TD is finishing as we speak. He promises me the roster by 9PM EST the latest. That is a good time for me as I can finish my litle touches and release tonight probably around 10ish barring life interference (LOL). If its sooner believe me youll know.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #458
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
not true, turn up injury slider and notice the difference in sim games
I havent seen this but Im gonna try that one out as that has been posted before. I have yet to see a gameplay slider (contact, power etc.) affect the sims positively or negatively

Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #459
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
hey HustlinOwl,have you test the rosters too.when you make your franchise file what do you add too.is it the 25 man rosters and 40 man rosters set.i just dont understand what you add to the rosters.can you explain please.thx

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #460
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Okay, I misunderstood your intentions. They were simply you own personal rosters modified for how you like to play. That's fine. I just feel like you advertise them like a community project and it throws a lot of people off.

I mean if in v4 we have Ike Davis like a 99 overall, we'd all complain and say it is unrealistic. Is that too much of a gripe? I was complaining that your edits weren't realistic in a simulated season, and you admitted that you didn't care. It just seems that everyone else who works on these sees them as a project for the community with the utmost realism desired, you just seem like you made the changes you wanted with no consideration for the usability of the roster as a whole. That's all I'm saying.

Oh and JaSnake, I was thinking about v4.1, and would upping the stamina for pitchers mess with the sim stats? Can't we just up the starter stamina slider?
I'm not shoving everyone's stamina to 0 so I don't get your logic there. It's mostly a + or - 5 change. Most people on this board that have used my various roster projects know that I'm not big on sim stats. I tried once on I believe NBA 2k8 and pretty much discovered that trying to get proper simmed stats was a wild goose chase as there were always many abnormalities which were enhanced by attempting to "fix" another and that the quest for proper simmed gameplay adversely affected user vs cpu gameplay. Later I found that this was true in most, if not all, sports games. I, am in my opinion am going for the utmost realism in the things that I consider relevant. That being user versus cpu gameplay. I ultimately do the rosters for myself but even under your framework the community is gridlocked on whether the stamina edits are good or bad and some simmed results that people are posting are just as close to realistic levels as scea or not very different. To me this means that I default to what I find to be best which would be the stamina edits.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #461
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Yankee is correct in terms of the sliders, they only affect games that are played not simmed.

Update: TD is finishing as we speak. He promises me the roster by 9PM EST the latest. That is a good time for me as I can finish my litle touches and release tonight probably around 10ish barring life interference (LOL). If its sooner believe me youll know.
are they still gonna be 2 sets v4 and v4.1 or just one set.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
You may be right on the injury slider. I haven't messed with it. If this is the case then I'll lower it in my franchise to cut down on the number of injuries. The rest of the sliders however make no difference in simming from what I've noticed.

Trying to come up with a mirror image simulation by editing rosters is like a wild goose chase. Programming is the issue at hand. OOTP baseball has an outstanding simulation engine, I do wish the show could produce similar sim results to that.

Last edited by Yankee2441; 06-25-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #463
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
I'm not shoving everyone's stamina to 0 so I don't get your logic there. It's mostly a + or - 5 change. Most people on this board that have used my various roster projects know that I'm not big on sim stats. I tried once on I believe NBA 2k8 and pretty much discovered that trying to get proper simmed stats was a wild goose chase as there were always many abnormalities which were enhanced by attempting to "fix" another and that the quest for proper simmed gameplay adversely affected user vs cpu gameplay. Later I found that this was true in most, if not all, sports games. I, am in my opinion am going for the utmost realism in the things that I consider relevant. That being user versus cpu gameplay. I ultimately do the rosters for myself but even under your framework the community is gridlocked on whether the stamina edits are good or bad and some simmed results that people are posting are just as close to realistic levels as scea or not very different. To me this means that I default to what I find to be best which would be the stamina edits.

Just to chime in, but realize that I play with Razrs edits and we are doing the stamina edits to suffice those in the community as well.

It is the purpose of the re-rates to get more accurate gameplay not only in simulation numbers but also in gameplay. There will be a discernable difference in some players and more subtle differences in others. However gameplay is not affected in any way so that the game suddenly becomes monotonous or impossible to play. It just feels more realistic (IMO). Balls in the gaps, homers that feel like homers, etc. Then in the games around yours when you look at how your players stcak up to the rest of the league you wont be seeing that the home run leader is Derek Lee with 51 or the league leader in RBI has 183. Or your team wont be running away with the team homer statistics cause you can bang at least 15 with your whole roster even with Alex Cora. Sim statistics will actually be more in tune to realistic not the ridiculous which unfortunately happens with stock. Good examples: look at some SCEA players and look at their running attributes, youll see some that have barely a 7 in awareness and a 5 in aggressiveness. With that low a number in a simmed game or in a game in which your playing against that player, if a ball wasnt shot into the gap and rolled around for 2 minutes the player would NEVER want to take an extra base even if your looking at that type of hit and saying to yourself Why the heck did that guy stop at first. The rating tells the games logic to stop. Even the slowest of players (VMart comes to mind) has a good number of doubles. You'll hopefully be seeing that now.

The same goes with stamina, if Razrs edits are showing comparable (not exact) numbers to the norm (and this year has been FAR from the norm), then there should be no issue moving the stamina around for most. We are going to see where moving the stamina around gets us to suffice the community that wants it, this way everyone could (hopefully, fingers crossed) be happy.

Too lengthy and probably off point LOL

Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #464
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16

wait a sec:

"I will not be able to do this until tommorrow afternoon, it should only take me an hour or two so tommorrow night looks 99% like it."

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »