Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Another bizarre issue is with complete games and inning pitched. In my sims, I had too many people with more than one complete game, yet not enough with over 90 innings pitched...how do you explain that?

Old 06-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #378
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Another bizarre issue is with complete games and inning pitched. In my sims, I had too many people with more than one complete game, yet not enough with over 90 innings pitched...how do you explain that?
That maybe the hi-end pitchers are doing their jobs, but that the lo-end pitchers are too weak.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #379
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2392
Is anyone else as stoked as I am about this. Going to be awesome actually starting my franchise. Thanks to everyone involved!
You better believe it.....Can't wait to build the Nationals into a powerhouse.....
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #380
Banned

Why not releasing it as let say OSFMv4beta.

Let everybody play with it, sim it all way around and then maybe we'll have a better overview how those ratings are !!!!!

You'll then have some time to make adjustments if needed for your official release. I agree it's pretty unusual for roster release but maybe in this case it's the best thing to do.

Mark
Old 06-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #381
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
You better believe it.....Can't wait to build the Nationals into a powerhouse.....
I cant wait to build Pirates into powerhouse!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #382
Rookie

I also agree. Releasing a v4 that can be tinkered with until we figure everything out is probably the best idea. The more people that give a hand, the more people we have helping determine what needs to be changed.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #383
Rookie

OVR: 3

After reading Dean3790's post on page 36 I did some simming through June 20th first with OS Version 2 (w/o the pitch edits), and then with SCEA's June 14th rosters. This is to compare the pitching simmed stats to those produced with OSv3. Here are the results:

Pitchers w/ERA under 3, Pitchers w/more than 1 CG, Pitchers w/more than 90 IP, and pitchers w/WHIPs under 1.20

With OSv2
Sim 1: 18,29,22,15
Sim 2: 15,28,26,9

With SCEA
Sim 1: 19,36,25,11
Sim 2: 19,29,21,18

Conclusions:1)The number of pitchers w/ERA under 3 is slightly higher with these 2 roster sets.
2)The number of pitchers w/more than 1 CG is really inflated with these 2 sets. The number is much better with OSv3 (w/the pitch and stamina edits)
3) The number of pitchers w/more than 90 IP is higher with these 2 rosters but it is still ~half of the current 41 in real life.
4) The WHIP is much lower than real life regardless of roster base.

Last edited by Yankee2441; 06-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #384
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

So anyway...I'll ask again...Is anyone else seeing an issue with guys coming back in the rotation and not being at full strength using these rosters? I started a franchise with the Tigers, and I am back around for the second turn in the pitching rotation. Each and every starter, when it is their day to throw the second time around is still not replenished. Note that I haven't thrown more than 80 pitches a game with any of them the first time around. Now the second turn in the rotation, and I can't throw 65 or 70 without them being completely out of energy. What is going on?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »