Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

I'm doing a test-run with this franchise file and the minimum adjustment sliders on the 1st page.

My 1st game was vs. STL, and Carpenter went 98 pitches and was pulled in the 8th after allowing a hit to put the tying run on base. Harang made it 7 on 85 pitches or so. Seemed pretty good to me. I could tell Carpenter was capable of more work than Harang from their relative performances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #82
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
once again. For the next update (v4) make Donavan Tate a Right Handed Batter please. Just informing everyone else, I already made the change in my game

Also on the Padres, SS Lance Zawadzki has a Z after the D. In game its spelt "Zawadski"
JaSnake, do you plan on making small corrections like these?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:32 AM   #83
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I admit, Zawadzki is a small correct but Tate is a big one in my book
Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #84
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I admit, Zawadzki is a small correct but Tate is a big one in my book
I think that corrections like those should be publicly noted because most people want everything as correct and accurate as possible. As a roster maker, I openly welcome any corrections and suggestions, especially very easy to overlook mistakes like those.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-14-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

HustlinOwl:
would you mind posting your suggested settings for team control, etc. for your franchise file, or supplying a link to an earlier thread, if there is one, where they can be found?
thanks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 11

I wanted to chime in on the suggested slider adjustments on page one.

Setting CPU Strike Frequency to zero may be a detriment over the long term; more so if the goal is to get pitchers to the later innings on realistic pitch counts.

Keep in mind that this slider is what determines the CPU pitchers 'intent' on throwing a ball vs. a strike, not if the pitch ends up a ball (do to poor control, lower consistency, poor confidence, or the pitcher being gassed.) It's like taking the effect and making it the cause.

If anything, you'll want the strike frequency closer to 3,4, or 5 to get the effect forum users are requesting. The CPU SHOULD be throwing more early pitches for strikes, (than you'll see at SF at 0) putting it on the USER to make him throw balls, foul pitches, or draw walks. If the argument is that if the CPU throws to many 'hittable' pitches, than the USER needs to look at their hitting sliders to see why they are able to hit strikes so easily. Be it increasing pitch speed, lowering contact, or going up in difficulty, lowering strike frequency will actually make the stanima effect discussed here worse.

Getting the CPU to throw balls although derivative of ratings (BB/9) is a game trait the USER should be tasked with. The inverse on the HUM pitching (CPU hitting) side is just as true as well.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #87
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Update: Cubs are done, did them this morning before work. Rest of NL hopefully tonight. Got in touch with Razr, I edited the pitch speeds on Ollie Perez and John Maine. Now they suck like they should LOL .

Cubs fans: Tyler Colvin, definitely better now from SCEA stock. I dont remember how much better I made him but I didnt turn him into a .300 / 30 guy cause he may turn into that but I dont think he will be one this year (or I could eat crow and he will be). TD if you see this before I get to you, didnt want to bother you at 6:00 AM, reach out buddy.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can you make sure Stephen Strasburg has his sound file for his last name?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »