Home

The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

This is a discussion on The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #41
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

I own The Show for PS3 and 2K10 for my 360. Guess what? When I have time to sit down and play a game of baseball I pop in 2K10 99% of the time. "XBox fanboys" are not the only ones supporting 2K10. The Show sure looks pretty, but the MLB Today features and overall announcing and presentation in 2K10 DESTROYS The Show...not to mention the amazing camera angle for batting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 16
How can you say MLB is much improved and go as far as recommending it? Sure they fixed some of the things that made it unplayable and it runs smoother then normal now but it still lacks all the features and characteristic of a real baseball game.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #43
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think it would be a lot easier for the Show to add things that 2K10 does better than for MLB 2K10 to fix the things the Show does a lot better. But at the same time, I don't think the Show will add those things (analog controls, camera options, new announcers, slower pitch speed or at least fix that slider to make it more responsive). I hope SCEA proves me wrong but with them dominating in sales there is little incentive to add this stuff and the Show fans seem happy with the way things are. Many argue against adding analog controls for fear it might screw something up. I completely disagree with that argument.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #44
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

I bought my ps3 just for the show last year before mlb 09 came out. I played it to death to September. However, this year is different. I saw only a couple real upgrades, and some little things here and there. Don't get me wrong, the show is a great game of baseball, but it is missing a fun factor now. Matty V's voice is horrific to listen too, as is the other commentary. The player models really need to be upgraded, and analogue controls need to added. I played my friend's 2k10, and it's actually kind of fun, even though I wouldn't drop 60 on it. But the show, after only playing it for a year and a half, already feels stale to me.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
The Show sure looks pretty, but the MLB Today features and overall announcing and presentation in 2K10 DESTROYS The Show...not to mention the amazing camera angle for batting.
Overall, The Show destroys MLB 2K

I don't think The Show just looks pretty. The gameplay is awesome too. It's close to real baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 AM   #46
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think it would be a lot easier for the Show to add things that 2K10 does better than for MLB 2K10 to fix the things the Show does a lot better. But at the same time, I don't think the Show will add those things (analog controls, camera options, new announcers, slower pitch speed or at least fix that slider to make it more responsive). I hope SCEA proves me wrong but with them dominating in sales there is little incentive to add this stuff and the Show fans seem happy with the way things are. Many argue against adding analog controls for fear it might screw something up. I completely disagree with that argument.
That slider works just fine to me. I bump it up one actually though. Makes it more realistic especially with fastballs.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #47
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
I bought my ps3 just for the show last year before mlb 09 came out. I played it to death to September. However, this year is different. I saw only a couple real upgrades, and some little things here and there. Don't get me wrong, the show is a great game of baseball, but it is missing a fun factor now. Matty V's voice is horrific to listen too, as is the other commentary. The player models really need to be upgraded, and analogue controls need to added. I played my friend's 2k10, and it's actually kind of fun, even though I wouldn't drop 60 on it. But the show, after only playing it for a year and a half, already feels stale to me.
This is how I feel right now about the show. I know that it's a great game, but It feels stale.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #48
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
That slider works just fine to me. I bump it up one actually though. Makes it more realistic especially with fastballs.
The slider doesn't work well enough for me though. When you spend almost half the game hitting and you can't adjust it to what keeps you from getting frustrated then it's annoying. Even if it affects only 5-10% of us that feel this way, there is a really simple way to fix it. Go back to the 20 point slider scale and make the sliders work better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »