Home

The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

This is a discussion on The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Show vs. 2K: MLB Grudge Match

The Show hands down. I've been hooked since 06
Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 34

I actually enjoyed MLB 2k last year once it was patched up...this is my first year on PS3, and the show is the best baseball game ive played...Ive never played it before, since I was a nintendo gamecube/xbox/xbox 360 owner before.

I know much of anything about 2k10 to form a opinion.

Ffor someone who has a PS3, is it worth popping in for a change of pace..like NBA Live is to NBA 2k?..NBA live was my quick match, dynasty mode game...while I used NBA 2k, almost competellyfor online leagues
Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #59
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1

In conclusion; go with 2K for fun pick up games of baseball with MLB Today, and stick with The Show for true to life actual baseball.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #60
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's probably a very easy decision for you because you are a manage only mode guy. I would agree that if you took two guys who haven't played either game that they would probably pick the Show. But how do you keep guys interested in the Show when the game has remained largely the same for years? They have shown no innovation with pitching or hitting mechanics. The lack of camera angles hurts as well.

What the Show does, it does extremely well. The game doesn't have any major flaws like 2K10 does but it needs to re-invent itself a bit imo. It really can't improve upon the options the game already has. It needs to add new options or it's in danger of becoming an annual roster update.
Why fix what's not broken? There have been plenty of changes this year.

As far as camera angles, the broadcast camera angle for my money is easily the best cam angle in a baseball game ever.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
In conclusion; go with 2K for fun pick up games of baseball with MLB Today, and stick with The Show for true to life actual baseball.
This is how I see it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Both of these quotes are perfect. The Show does so many things right and the baseball atmosphere is great. A first time Show fan will be delighted. But for some of us who have played the Show a long time it just feels stale and 2K10 is a breath of fresh air with different controls and camera angles.
Unfortunately for franchise players like me, franchise mode is a disaster. The controls and cam angles are great, but after prolonged usage, the holes in the game itself start to really shine through. And don't get me started on lack of errors or injures.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #63
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Unfortunately for franchise players like me, franchise mode is a disaster. The controls and cam angles are great, but after prolonged usage, the holes in the game itself start to really shine through. And don't get me started on lack of errors or injures.
I don't even understand the design decision to remove errors and injuries from a baseball game.

I've only read of the lousy franchise problems but I only play one season and I never finish. Progression issues don't affect me. I just had the draft and didn't care for a bunch of rookies rated fairly high ending up on my MLB roster and forcing me to send them down. I haven't made it to the All-Star break (never do at this time) and my gaming time will shift completely to NCAA Football 11 in three days. I'll probably come back to my season during the baseball playoffs or early next year when football season ends.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #64
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
As far as I see it,it's like a win for 2k10 this year only because we're able to make a reasonable comparison this year.Other years the difference was so vast that it was a joke.It's finally a close call and 360 owners can have a good,if not great,baseball game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »