Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #697
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Hey Knight you around?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #698
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
RAZR -

Glad you can work on slider changes for the stamina, but can you tell me what Control/Consistency/Strike Frequency has to do with Stamina in any way?

I play with default sliders, and all I want is stamina numbers to be honest. I am eternally grateful for what you guys do with the rosters, but if you have made so many edits that it is REQUIRED to change sliders, what is the point? I get realistic walk numbers on default All Star after training myself to watch the correct pitches and work the correct strategies, so wouldn't changing most of the sliders you just listed affect other facets of the game outside of just stamina?

Shouldn't we just concentrate on the Stamina/Hook number in an effort to keep the game as close to a baseline number for all users as possible?
There is a correlation between those #s and stamina because they have to do with the # of pitches that will be thrown on average in game. What I did was increase the # of pitches that would be thrown in an average game and increased the hook. This creates some 5-6 inning 90+ pitch outings and compliments the stamina edits. I suppose if you wanted to you could just go with the pitcher stamina and manager hook #s if your happy with default

EDIT: On the portion about it being necessary to change sliders it is not at all. It simply plays BETTER with other sliders. Just as you are perfectly fine with default I find that the game plays better with other sliders.

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 06-11-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #699
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
There is a correlation between those #s and stamina because they have to do with the # of pitches that will be thrown on average in game. What I did was increase the # of pitches that would be thrown in an average game and increased the hook. This creates some 5-6 inning 90+ pitch outings and compliments the stamina edits. I suppose if you wanted to you could just go with the pitcher stamina and manager hook #s if your happy with default
I'm with Millennium on this... I don't have any problem getting 90+ pitch counts after 5 innings with default sliders and SCEA rosters, so I don't see a need to change anything with the stamina, especially for starters.

I would like to say that I love the more realistic pitch types in the v3 roster. Good work on those.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #700
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
I'm with Millennium on this... I don't have any problem getting 90+ pitch counts after 5 innings with default sliders and SCEA rosters, so I don't see a need to change anything with the stamina, especially for starters.

I would like to say that I love the more realistic pitch types in the v3 roster. Good work on those.
Okay that's cool, I'm just going for what works best in game. You guys said that you had an issue with the edits and I'm working on a solution with a happy medium. If you only want a few sliders tweaked you can try the stamina and hook ones. It probably won't play as well as with the slider edits though. If you guys want to go back to default I can send you the pitch edit spreadsheet and you can make them on v2.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #701
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Okay that's cool, I'm just going for what works best in game. You guys said that you had an issue with the edits and I'm working on a solution with a happy medium. If you only want a few sliders tweaked you can try the stamina and hook ones. It probably won't play as well as with the slider edits though. If you guys want to go back to default I can send you the pitch edit spreadsheet and you can make them on v2.

Thanks
These v3 pitch edits are outstanding. I think it's true that they make
the game more difficult to and have to re-learn some pitchers but
well worth it. I play all-star level with auto fielding. If I have any chance
at all of winning I need the cpu to field the ball. I do everything else
with little or no on screen stuff like strike zone or hot zones etc.

If I was into editting sliders it wouldn't be the pitchers but the umpires!
Sometimes it like it's random. Time to call a ball no matter where it is.

This is a great game made even better with the work of you guys on this
site.

Congratulations!

Bob
----------
Still looking for a nice version of the 61 Yankees

BTW, can a MLB 09 roster work with MLB 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #702
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is strut going to release the stance/motion set tonight on the roster vault.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #703
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs718
Is strut going to release the stance/motion set tonight on the roster vault.
He will upload the file when he uploads it. Asking about an ETA isn't necessary
Old 06-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #704
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, I'm really loving the pitch edits too. The game plays like it was meant for these edits all along. I'm finally getting realistic box scores and balance without touching the sliders.

I'm still not entirely sold on starter stamina, but reliever stamina is perfect. After V4 comes out, I might change the starter stamina on my own. But I really love the pitch edits, they've completely changed the game for the better. Thanks again to all involved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »