Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #601
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
hey guys, just got home from work and I should have some time to get my stances/motions done. Most of it is just entering everyone from my list but there are a good 20 or so guys who have been called up recently that I still need to get to. I will then either sendspace the file or SportsConnect the file over to Knight or HustlinOwl so they can release both the ROSTER file (v3.1?) and the FRANCHISE file and then I believe JaSnake will take it and do the SCEA attribute edits and will then release both a ROSTER (V4)file and FRANCHISE file of that as well. I will also try to post my Word file that goes with these edits so everyone can see my multiple edits that can be used for some stances/motions as well as see the few guys who have been called up and either haven't played yet or got sent back down before playing at all. Those will be the only guys who don't have a stance or motion. Also, I haven't done any pitchers batting stances yet except for a handful and there also seem to be quite a few jersey # mistakes so if anyone wants to work on that stuff, that'd be cool too
Nice to get an update, do you think the V.3 with your update will be released tonight? i dont want to download the current V.3 start my franchise just to see the "better" version of V.3 out there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #602
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Stamina wasn't based on pitch count. It was based on this formula that Rod_Carew29 allowed me to use.

My formula:

for starters, I take their total innngs, divide by the number of game starts and add 10. If the guy has any complete games, I add 5 for each one.

So...

you have a guy who pitched 175.2 innings, 30 starts with 1 complete game

175.2 divided by 30 = 5.8 (which is 5.8 innings per start) + 10 = 6.8, which will become 68 (for our use) + 5 (for the complete game) = 73

* formula taken from this thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ost-cases.html
That doesn't make any sense. Innings pitched isn't always a good indication of a pitchers real stamina... a pitcher could have alot of gas left in the tank and still be pulled after 5 innings because he is getting hit hard.

Then again, I've never been a fan of the ratings that rod carew guy gives his CAPS.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #603
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
That doesn't make any sense. Innings pitched isn't always a good indication of a pitchers real stamina... a pitcher could have alot of gas left in the tank and still be pulled after 5 innings because he is getting hit hard.

Then again, I've never been a fan of the ratings that rod carew guy gives his CAPS.
Well if you want response as to why he uses the ratings that he does the link to the thread is there
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #604
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Okay, will do. Next year I will look to contribute more from the start. Thank you very much for considering these things.

Here is the source concerning Oki's circle change, called the Okie-Dokie. It's a signature pitch of Okajima's, a psuedo-change with screwball-like qualities, which is why I think circle change is the best choice for it: http://firebrandal.com/2009/12/20/ca...kie-dokie.html

EDIT: Not sure if you're thinking the splitter is the same as the Okie-Dokie, just from what I've seen on TV, he seems to definitely throw a splitter seperate from a breaking ball that runs in on lefties.
Looking at the scouting reports I used, it says the splitter is his best pitch, so that's probably referring to the "Okie-Dokie". And after watching countless hours of video on each team, I have to say there wasn't much tail on the ones I saw from him giving it a more of a "split" look. Of course, while editing 700 pitchers (each with at least 3 pitches in the game...so we're talking anywhere between 2100 (minimum) to 3500 (maximum) pitches total) it's highly likely that every single person that uses it won't like at least one pitch (and probably more) that we edited . I'm not claiming to be perfect with these edits in anyway, and Razr would probably say the same. So, of course, feel free to change a few pitches to make it more realistic for yourself.

@ the person who asked how we compiled information. I used 60ft6in.com, several different magazines, as well as hours upon hours of video on each player that had it available. The pitch types were based on each players pitch break not their grips (so for example, CC Sabathia may use a 4-seam fastball grip, but if his scouting reports say something like "natural LHP tailing action", then we'd give him a 2 seamer since that would mean the pitch would move down and away from RH batters)

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #605
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Razrr, I noticed that many of the pitchers do not have a 4seam fastball in their repertoire and now the majority have a running fastball. During your research for pitch edits did you discover that not many pitchers throw a straight 4seamer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #606
Banned

BeerViewMirror's Arena

OVR: 0

wow, why all the hate? I think these pitch edits are great. You guys do an amazing job. I'm waiting until June to buy the game next year though because after waiting for these updates this year I can never play the "original" game ever again.

I love this site.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #607
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is it more difficult to hit against pitchers with these pitch edits? I am finding it a bit harder...is anyone else?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #608
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Razrr, I noticed that many of the pitchers do not have a 4seam fastball in their repertoire and now the majority have a running fastball. During your research for pitch edits did you discover that not many pitchers throw a straight 4seamer?
its just that many throw it with movement and the scea 4 seam has no movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »