Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #585
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Please don't complain about the pitch edits. Razr does a lot of research to edit pitches. Some pitches are changed but they emulate how the actual pitcher pitches in real life. I know that most of us were incredibly satisfied with the edits last year. Don't rain on the parade man.

At least clarityman was making suggestions about how to improve some players with intelligent observations. If you are just going to say "hey this guy's pitches changed!

C'mon what do you think pitch edits are. If you don't like it that is why there is a version 2 and a version 3.

Thanks for the pitch edits Razr! I am getting sooooooo excited. Still waiting for version 4...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #586
Rookie

OVR: 3

JASnake I was wondering how you go about making your edits for version 4. What attributes do you most often make changes to, and about what percentage of SCEA players would you say you change? Thanks and your work is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #587
Rookie

OVR: 0

BIG Thanks to knight & Co. for all your hard work! you guys are making this game 100x better for everyone thanks to these rosters!!

Just a quick question for Strut, do you think your "V.3 update" will be finished tonight? I'm asking this because idk if I should just download the current one now and go from there or just wait for your update THX in advance.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #588
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
Just saying.....you could download V3 and then do some of your own pitch edits....
Well of course! But that's not the point.

The point is, the roster makers at OS, and most of the site's members, care about realism and accuracy. As a Red Sox fan, it's disconcerting to think that people will be getting a somewhat inaccurate experience when they play as or against my team. I'm sure a diehard fan of another team would feel the same way!

As I said before, I still really respect pope and Razr for what they've put together here, as using some of the pitchers (like Roy Halladay) is a blast with the edits. I'm just pointing out some issues.

Last edited by Clarityman; 06-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #589
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkasper
Please don't complain about the pitch edits. Razr does a lot of research to edit pitches. Some pitches are changed but they emulate how the actual pitcher pitches in real life. I know that most of us were incredibly satisfied with the edits last year. Don't rain on the parade man.

At least clarityman was making suggestions about how to improve some players with intelligent observations.
Thanks man.

I don't want my suggestions to come across the wrong way, so it's reassuring to see they're not being interpreted as ungrateful criticism.

I really think the set could benefit from user feedback between v3 and v4, but that's up to the awesome people who have been working on it.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #590
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
I really think the set could benefit from user feedback between v3 and v4, but that's up to the awesome people who have been working on it.
Here's your feedback thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-thread.html

It was created by RAZRr right when the game started so that's 3 months worth of possible suggestions and help you could've made.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #591
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2441
JASnake I was wondering how you go about making your edits for version 4. What attributes do you most often make changes to, and about what percentage of SCEA players would you say you change? Thanks and your work is greatly appreciated.
Hey dude. I use Bahnzo's roster tool and take a true 3 year average of the past 3 full seasons. I do not like the weighted method because it puts too much weight in the last season which could have been a down or anomaly year. I do make slight adjustments if necessary.

This year though I plan on tweaking the ratings to try to emulate this year a little more off of those prepared averages. Vernon Wells and Jose Bautista are the two biggest examples of players who will see large gains. I will also be applying ratings to pitchers for the first time which Razr does not do, like BB/9, HR/9, H/9 etc.

I will not be, however, touching Razr's pitch types / ratings unless asked by Razr. He does a tremendous job with his research and will not in any way manipulate his fine work. Razr if you see something that you might have overlooked send me a PM and Ill adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
have these been put up for download yet?? On the Vault at least?
Knight, Dumb of me to ask the same thing. Is the DL the one updated with all of Struts work. If it is I can start the set tonight.

Another year, and here we go again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #592
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Here's your feedback thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-thread.html

It was created by RAZRr right when the game started so that's 3 months worth of possible suggestions and help you could've made.
Comon', that thread is from months ago. I didn't even know about it. Cut a guy some slack.

And how can someone offer feedback before the set is released? I'm talking about, looking at the awesome work that has been done, and offering suggestions based on what has been created. That's something that can only be done after the set has been released.

For example, if there are any pitches that could be tweaked on the Mets, I'd like to know about it, but I wouldn't be able to offer that information because I don't watch the Mets very frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »