Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #1265
MVP

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I guess what I'd really like to do is bump up one of the B's... to the A...(which was Grant Desme) and then we could either use that old player as either a new guy or even give someone else a bump up.
I think either Ramos or Jackson would be "worthy".....I'm more inclined to Ramos than Jackson(sorry, I just don't like his approach to hitting and his propensity to strikeout vs. walk...and he doesn't have much power right now)
To me...Jackson is an above avg. contact guy....tick below avg. power guy....great defense and avg arm....pretty good baserunner.
Ramos.....pretty good contact....really good power....VERY good arm...and defense....below avg runner(what catcher isn't?)....
So it's going to come down to personal preference IMO.

Okay....crazy day at work yesterday...so got zero done there
Mother's Day today(wishing all the mothers a happy one!)....taking the wife out to dinner with the boys and then it will be back to work later.
Little bit of a crazy week...but I should be good and will keep you guys in the loop.

Just FYI....the update is looking really nice.
Took the set into the Future's Game just to get a feel for how everyone played and looked.....and I was not disappointed. Both squads looked pretty tight....off the top of my head...the SP's were Strasburg(what a shock) and Martin Perez(Rangers)....and the position players all looked right in line.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #1266
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's great news about the futures game. When I have simmed to get to the futures game, the world squad has been mostly populated with non-prospect american born players. Boof Bonser was the starter for the world squad.......
Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #1267
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedexpress
That's great news about the futures game. When I have simmed to get to the futures game, the world squad has been mostly populated with non-prospect american born players. Boof Bonser was the starter for the world squad.......
I always get Perez and Bonser too. You guys getting fake duplicate players? Two Thomas Neals?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #1268
Banned

OVR: 4

congrats to my little league through AAABA teammate Mike Ryan on his call up to the Angels. I haven't looked at him on the game yet, hope he has some pop in his bat. The kid can hit Angel fans.

P.s. Happy Mothers Day

Last edited by Pittsburghkid; 05-09-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #1269
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subypan
yep that's exactly what you can do and it won't mess up the lineups....this is in fact what I do (mentioned that a little while back in this thread) and I think Knight might even do this as well...

it's really a great way to go about than reducing the 40 mans to 25 men rosters, but also takes a little bit more work......I like using it though
Could you give a little more details on this? I usually play Season mode but
this year I'm going to play a franchise using v2 of knights rosters. I've seen
this mentioned a few times along the way in this thread but I'm still having a
little bit of a problem getting my head around it.

25 or 40 man roster?

I am currently playing a Season, while waiting for the new rosters, using a
roster of classic players I downloaded from the vault. All of the new
non-SCEA classic players were in the minors of each team. So I just went
through each team and moved a current MLB player to the minors to
bring up the classic player for that team but let the cpu do all the lineups
and pitching rotations.

Is that the procedure you are talking about? Or is it that if you set lineups
before spring training the cpu teams will make wrong decisions depending
on how the players do? So real-life MLB players could end up on minor
league team?

bob
Old 05-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #1270
Rookie

OVR: 3

the problem is that when you have 40 men on the 40 man rosters the cpu will sometimes send down guys you don't want sent down, but the big problem is that pretty much every time it will jumble the team's lineups which a lot of people don't like

the way around this is to simply send down the right guys to the minor league teams after spring training is over but before you advance to the regular season
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #1271
Rookie

H8ff0000's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subypan
the problem is that when you have 40 men on the 40 man rosters the cpu will sometimes send down guys you don't want sent down, but the big problem is that pretty much every time it will jumble the team's lineups which a lot of people don't like

the way around this is to simply send down the right guys to the minor league teams after spring training is over but before you advance to the regular season
Does this still happen even if you have all the settings on Manual?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #1272
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ff0000
Does this still happen even if you have all the settings on Manual?
Yes...because if you are "invited"(40 man) to spring training...you are basically on the MLB roster and active.
You have to send 15 of your 40 down to the minors and if a player has no options....pass him through waivers to do so.
If you don't do it....the game won't allow an invalid roster, so it will do it for you. In the process, it will re-arrange the lineup also.

I didn't see Bonser....there must be a mistake in his country of origin selection from SCEA's end.....but he hasn't been making it in my games...
I can't remember everyone, but off the top of my head..from USA...I remember Smoak,Sogard, Dominic Brown, Ike Davis, Casey Kelley, Mike Montgomery, Andrew Cashner, Brett Jackson, Brett Wallace, Derek Norris, Michael Taylor, Grant Green and Dee Gordon. From the world...Starlin Castro, Brett Lawrie, Pedro Alvarez, Jesus Montero, Abner Abreu, and Miguel Sano
I did see one SCEA error in Ian Kennedy on the world and a couple of ones that we made that will be fixed(Scott Van Slyke and Kiel Roling from memory)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »