Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #1209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Knight,

I know it was posted that Eric Byrnes was cut, but have you put him on his rec softball league team yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,239148
Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #1210
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33niL
Damn.. I remember '04 when the Mariners were shopping around Freddy Garcia. There was a big push that the Yankees supposedly wanted to trade Cano + for Freddy. But noooo.. We had the fantastic Jose Lopez coming up in our system and he was all that and a bag of chips. Ughhh.

Sure glad that didn't happen and we got Jeremy Reed, Miguel Olivo and Mike Morse for The Chief. Those guys worked out well.

Ouch!!
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #1211
Rookie

D3C4K's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33niL
Damn.. I remember '04 when the Mariners were shopping around Freddy Garcia. There was a big push that the Yankees supposedly wanted to trade Cano + for Freddy. But noooo.. We had the fantastic Jose Lopez coming up in our system and he was all that and a bag of chips. Ughhh.

Sure glad that didn't happen and we got Jeremy Reed, Miguel Olivo and Mike Morse for The Chief. Those guys worked out well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #1212
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend5
Knight,

I know it was posted that Eric Byrnes was cut, but have you put him on his rec softball league team yet?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,239148
What the heck happened to Byrnes anyway? How did he fall so far so quick? Reminds me of Rick Ankiel (before he came back as an outfielder).
Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #1213
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
What the heck happened to Byrnes anyway? How did he fall so far so quick? Reminds me of Rick Ankiel (before he came back as an outfielder).
he excelled in a specific era...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #1214
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
he excelled in a specific era...
The post-steroid era? Yeah, he did.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #1215
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
Leg injuries to an outfielder, and being 34, and not being healthy for the last three seasons. As a Diamondbacks fan, I wish this wasn't the end, because I enjoyed watching him back even when he was an Athletic. He'll pop up on someone's TV as an analyst soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #1216
Rookie

thr33niL's Arena

OVR: 2

Watching Byrnes this year, his legs were there. He played some good, balls-out defense. The guy just couldn't hit..... at all. His crazy uppercut swing produced a ton of K's and infield pop-ups. Then his decision to pull his bat back in a bases loaded, game on the line, squeeze play was the final straw.

No kidding.. Bases loaded in extra innings and Byrnes pulled the bat back and Ichiro got greeted by a very surprised Matt Treanor at home plate. Even Treanor was like "WTF.. did he really just pull the bat back????".
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »