Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #913
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...I can switch Kelly.
Any chance you remember the other A player?....we had an extra when I went through the set first time around....and wanted to kick a B player up...then things went crazy on my end ...and I kind of lost it a bit.

3 weeks?....could be.
Depending on how quickly..and how many faces Franchise and berenjena do before I get it(I'll have to do them otherwise..)...I probably need about a week to make the other adjustments and test it out a bit more.

M.K.
Knight165

Kyle Weiland and Alex Wilson are the two pitchers who are listed as "A" potential, but probably shouldn't be. Weiland might pass as a "B" potential, but Wilson shouldn't be any higher than a "C".

Stolmy Pimentel could possibly take up the other "A" potential.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:33 AM   #914
Rookie

Pazananack's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
I dunno, I think that'd be pretty cool cause just like drafting any "can't miss" prospect you never know what can happen. Of course, this is coming from a Cub fan who has already had to experience this with Prior... it's very much part of the game so I think it should be included. Then when you're preparing for the draft you scouts could tell ya they're concerned with so and so mechanics and he could be a high risk pick...
Yeah I think that would be good with the mechanics aspect. Looking at Strahsburg's pitching motion, it's eerily similar to the way prior pitched, the inverted W which has been proven will cause injury. So let's keep our fingers crossed with Strahsburg, especially since he throws the ball much harder than most that used than inverted W.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #915
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hope this may be helpful to some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #916
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpmitch
little optimistic there?
I read a couple of pages back in this thread that they'd be done by this weekend, so it should just be a matter of days now.

I don't remember who, but one guy said last week that he was about to finish his part and send it to one other guy who needed one week to complete the set.

Is that wrong ? Can the OSFM team give us an Estimated WEEK of Arrival ?

Last edited by FrenchDavid; 04-21-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #917
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...I can switch Kelly.
Any chance you remember the other A player?....we had an extra when I went through the set first time around....and wanted to kick a B player up...then things went crazy on my end ...and I kind of lost it a bit.

3 weeks?....could be.
Depending on how quickly..and how many faces Franchise and berenjena do before I get it(I'll have to do them otherwise..)...I probably need about a week to make the other adjustments and test it out a bit more.

M.K.
Knight165
Thank you Knight. I don't remember who it was, there was actually two players though, both pitchers and both 24 yrs old...I think one name was Kyle Wieland...cant remember the other "A" potential prospect. They should be probably a C potential at best though. I would like it if Iglesies was an "A" potential, but ok if not. Here's his scouting report:

Scouting Report
: Plus plus glovework. Plus arm. Range is also plus, but there have been varying reports. Excellent instincts. Has the makings of a Gold Glove shortstop. Also able to play second and third base. His bat is a question mark at this point, particularly power-wise, and he's not likely to add much more bulk to his frame. Pull hitter. Needs to improve strike zone judgment and overall patience at the plate. Average-to-above-average speed.

This is Casey Kelly's scouting report...both from Soxprospects.com

Athletic frame with smooth agility and a tremendous feel for pitching. Kelly was a two-way player in high school, excelling at both shortstop and as a pitcher. He was also a
highly-touted quarterback recruit for Tennessee before signing with the Sox. Kelly split his first pro year in 2009 between pitching and hitting, showing elite pitching tools and mediocre offensive skills. In December 2009, Kelly made the decision to continue his career on the mound. Kelly's pitching skills are quite advanced for his age, mixing in three plus pitches: a low 90s fastball, a hard 12-6 curveball, and a nice change. He throws all of his pitches with outstanding command and control. Sound, smooth mechanics. Fastball has excellent downward movement, and generally sits between 89 and 92 mph, getting up to 93-94 mph on occasion. Many scouts project that he'll sit in the 92-94 mph range after he fills out. Curveball has the potential to become a plus-plus wipeout pitch. It sits around 76-78 mph, but he tends to show it a little too much at times. Kelly's changeup sits around 84 mph with a lot of sink. For the most part, he keeps the ball low in the zone, but he's hittable when he leaves it up. Very good mound presence. Kelly had the makings of an elite defensive shortstop before converting to pitching full time, so he should be an excellent pitcher defensively.

Thank you Knight for responding and being willing to make the change. I appreciate that

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 04-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #918
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8

if you're dropping a B guy down are you going to be making some other guy's A's?

for instance Michael Ynoa (Inoa) of the A's who's a B, but i think should be an A... he's on of the 16 year old prospects from a year or two ago

im still a little peeved at SCEA for giving Jeff Francour a D and Carlos Quentin a C so i know you cant fix those errors
Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #919
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gledhill
Just to save Knight a click, here is gledhill's helpful hint:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gledhill
I just came across something minor but useful to some. I don't know if anyone else has picked up on it before.

I'm doing a Twins franchise using Knights rosters, and I have Estarlin De Los Santos in the minors. In the rosters his surname is De Lo Santo, obviously because there aren't enough characters in his full name. This irked me somewhat, being a roster perfectionist.

However!!!

I changed his surname to DeLosSantos (no spaces), and the game automatically put spaces in afterwards and his full surname is proudly on display for me to ignore all season in Double A!

Anyway, just thought I'd post this for others as OCD as me.
I wonder if this will work for Pirates pitching prospect Zach Von Rosenburg? I think his name w/o a space is 12 characters; hopefully 11 isn't the limit...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #920
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

ya it works for Von Rosenberg Qb but there is an 11 limit so you will have to eliminate a letter. i went with Von Rosnberg
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »