Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #801
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Mike Leake: was going to be drafted as a SS and can hit yet his attributes are 1 for all hitting. His fastball tops out at about 90 but he has an idea of where to place it. His FB hits 96 in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #802
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

I noticed something about minor league power hitters. I had Shelley Duncan in my Giants franchise, and even though he had power in the 30's, he hit 17 bombs for me in half a year. So I'm not sure exactly how it works.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #803
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Good call Franchise, I really believe the simulation model in the Minors is different than the Major league simulation model
Old 04-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #804
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

I simmed a franchise to test out the futures game. For some reason the WORLD team had Dwayne Wise, Dustin Mosley, and Jamie Hoffman on it. Is there not enough WORLD players?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #805
MVP

OVR: 11

I'd also like to add that many of the people complaining about minor league power always want to see a youth movement way to fast (calling up someone in year 1 or 2) then get frustrated when they hit 12 HR in 500 AB's.

Many 1st round draft picks are in the minor leagues for 3,4,5 years before they see a full season of plate appearances. (always exceptions of course).

I too can absolutely rake, (with contact at 1, timing 4, solid hits 2, power 6), and think manipulating power ratings is absurd. In my opinion, that is what sliders are for. There is a certain balance to the game with the ratings out of the box, of course individual fans (homers) don't agree with many ratings for players on their favorite team (more so if they suck at the game and end a season with 10 Kyle Blanks HR's)

Also, what happens to the draft picks generated by the game? Now they'll pale in comparison to the steroid induced monsters created by some of the rating manipulators.

Come on, this was Knight's project. It wouldn't exist without him. If some feel so strongly about lack of power, then edit yourself AFTER a version is distributed amongst the masses. We shouldn't be handicapped by a few (power hungry?!) people who feel their minor leaguers should be hitting more home runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #806
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
Good call Franchise, I really believe the simulation model in the Minors is different than the Major league simulation model
I think people are forgetting about the effect of pitching. Pitchers have a HR/9 stat, which is almost certainly considered in calculating whether a hit is a HR. Thus, while you might need 60 power to hit a lot of HRs in the majors, maybe 30 power is sufficient in the minors because the pitchers are worse.

This is what lets you balance between the minors and the majors given that all stats progress. Keep batters and pitchers in the minors rated lower than their major league colleagues, and you should be able to get realistic numbers in both leagues without MiLB players being called up to replace MLB players too soon.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #807
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozar
I think people are forgetting about the effect of pitching. Pitchers have a HR/9 stat, which is almost certainly considered in calculating whether a hit is a HR. Thus, while you might need 60 power to hit a lot of HRs in the majors, maybe 30 power is sufficient in the minors because the pitchers are worse.

This is what lets you balance between the minors and the majors given that all stats progress. Keep batters and pitchers in the minors rated lower than their major league colleagues, and you should be able to get realistic numbers in both leagues without MiLB players being called up to replace MLB players too soon.
I also think what's being misunderstood as well is the numbers will SIM correctly. Someone posted before that the game is meant to be played with major league franchises first and foremost. If you play an entire franchise as a minor league team, even with fake players and ratings, your bound to have the same gripes. However the weaker pitch ratings like hr/9 and clutch really lead to the accurate sim numbers with the low power numbers in the minors.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #808
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

But I hit 17 with Duncan in the MAJORS on legend hitting. And it was only half a year. What I'm trying to say is, test the players out in game before you say they need a power boost. Also, look at slugging PCT. instead of just HR's.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »