Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #793
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

That's a really good list dkrause, I agree ... not a lot of prospects on that list. More swing and miss hitters that maybe don't have great contact or plate discipline ratings, but they can hit it a long way when they get a hold of one.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #794
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah the problem is, the Pacific Coast League numbers are always bloated, its always been that way, im sure Ksig will tell you that. If you bring up the power numbers up then you make them higher rated and more likely to be called up. Brade Eldred in 2004 in the Pirates system .301 with 38 home runs and 137 RBI, when he played with the Pirates major league team >221 with 12hr's and 77k's. Shelly Duncan is a fringe Major League player.I have yet to see any stats over the whole season that shows in minor league games there is no power. 1 game here and there is not enough of a sample size.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #795
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
Yeah the problem is, the Pacific Coast League numbers are always bloated, its always been that way, im sure Ksig will tell you that. If you bring up the power numbers up then you make them higher rated and more likely to be called up. Brade Eldred in 2004 in the Pirates system .301 with 38 home runs and 137 RBI, when he played with the Pirates major league team >221 with 12hr's and 77k's. Shelly Duncan is a fringe Major League player.I have yet to see any stats over the whole season that shows in minor league games there is no power. 1 game here and there is not enough of a sample size.
There is a difference between bloated totals due to league and having the power rating of Cesar Izturis. I am not asking to make Eldred or Duncan 85 power but i don't see how rating these guys lower 30s is right either. They are not major league quality hitters but that doesn't mean they don't have major league power.

As for you not seeing stats- tons of people posted not seeing power. As for quoting Ksig- he is the guy who was the most vocal on the farm power outage and i sure he'll be the first one to mention that you can have MLB power and not be a MLB player.

BTW- Eldred and Duncan were international league last year- ie the non bloated league

Last edited by dkrause1971; 04-17-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #796
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

Yeah i see what you are saying but every one of the players you mentioned are fringe Major league players at best I am not quoting anybody, im just telling you, you cannot go by HR numbers in the Pacific Coast League where every ballpark in the league is like Coors Field. I have seen every post and nobody has played a whole season or even half a season of minor league games and given stats. I agree Brad Eldred has immense power, i have seen it up close, but if you bring up the power numbers they are more likely to get called up and there is no way to offset that except to lower their ratings. Brad Eldred is not a major league player, I mean if the Pirates let you go, that says something. All im saying is with minor league players, if you or Ksig want to boost them go ahead, but i dont want it on the stock rosters where it effects franchises because people want guys that will never see the majors have higher power ratings so that they can hit 30 hr in the minors. Easy on Cesar Izturis he almost hit 5 hr's one year lol. You make good points D but im just saying it would mess up franchises if the ratings were brought up for the Mitch Jones's of the world.

Last edited by ltw0303cavs; 04-17-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #797
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really hate to ask this since its usually posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I am new to this game franchise and can't figure out how to load the roster. I currently have it loaded on a USB stick. Is there another way I should be doing this?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #798
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

If this shouldn't be posted, I'll delete it:

Knight's rosters are always amazing and there is rarely any negative feedback from the years he's been making them...it's what brought me to OS in the first place; having said that, given the amount time Knight has been devouting to his family (and rightfully so...see my Avi ) I don't believe a lot of this is his work.

Ksig has made vocal pleas for more power and he's asked the community for help in determining what ratings affect performance (i.e. higher batting average, more HRs, etc.) which I respect given he wants to make improvements on both his skills and the roster. So...

Spoiler
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #799
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Honestly fellas I can rake in this game. I got a meatball or three yesterday and timed them superbly and only managed to hit the wall. Two double with Michael Taylor, a triple off the wall with Chris Carter and a mashed double off the base of the wall with Yonder. Still no jacks...I am not crazy, but I would like to see some power.

On another note, the Futures game is all jacked up. There was a Thomas Neal on team USA and a Thomas Neal on World, but there is only one Thomas Neal in the game, no duplicate. Furthermore, Nick Noonan as well as several other USA born players were on the World team. Just a side note.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #800
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

I can respect that view but my point is this is MLB the Show..not MILB the SHOW. I mean are we playing Major league baseball franchises or are you playing Trenton Thunder franchises ? I mean all i look from my minor leaguers are they making progress and are they ready to be brought up. Im not trying to win the minor league HR championship. See once again you can pump up (example Brad Eldred's power to 60 or higher) but then you change his overall rating and you change his progresion curve. So he is more likely to get called up. I mean he hit 35 homers and 100 RBIS in the white sox AAA and the sox let him go ? He has hit 160 minor league home runs and he cant make it to the majors. What im saying is there is no conversion factor from minors to majors, so the only way to keep guys like Eldred down in the minors where they belong is to lower their ratings. I agree with you guys, i wish there was a way to do both, but right now there isnt.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »