Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Dumb question I'm sure...

but I only have internet via phone. I have gotten the Manual Roster download to a memory stick.

How do I upload the roster from the memory stick to the PS3?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #474
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss84_18
what about brett lawrie?? only a B? i mean c'mon
I made Lawrie an A. He is a B?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #475
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
The potentials, ages etc of all the prospects you did WERE not changed...except for ONE..Jarrod Parker, you gave him a B and I switched him to an A because Arizona had a ton of A pitcher prospects....so....
No way would I give Parker a B. I love him and think he is a solid A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #476
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yep.
Jay...the file you wanted us to use...had all the A's and B's already set up by you....so unless you sent us the wrong base set....

Problem is...there is VERY little wiggle room. I steal a C from somewhere else....those guys are unhappy....steal one from somewhere else...those guys are unhappy....vicious cycle.
When you start your franchise...there are some new editable guys added to the FA list.....you guys could use those.

M.K.
Knight165
Mike, not too sure what happened or where it happened, but I made Mitchell a B because of his injury and he is an A. I made Matt Davidson, Nolan Arenado, Jake Marisnick and Trayce Thompson all B's with correct ages and they are all jumbled. I know for a fact that I made Casey Kelly an A, Jose Iglesias a B, Jeremy Bleich a B, Randall Grichuk a B, and Brett Lawrie an A. I did not add Grant Desme and he was included. When I made Jonathan Singleton of the Phills, I spelled his name and didnt use Jon and that is the way he is included in the set. I know that these are simple fixes, but I spent a ton of time making sure the proper prospects were added in the set as well as their ages, handedness and audio for their names for nearly 500 prospects. I also noticed a ton of guys not included in the set.

On another note, I have played a bunch of minor league games and have yet to hit one homer. I hit a base of the wall triple with Josh Bell but thats about it for power. I have managed to rake, but without extra base hits. In about 10 minor league games testing out the prospects, I have seen no power and I have no allowed a homer either.

Hope all is well in your world man.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #477
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
Have you guys figured out what happened?

K, since some of the potentials are not what you assigned them to be, have you looked at the attributes yet? I ask because it seems like a lot of attributes are way off for a lot of players. This really stands out for players who are not on most top 100 lists. It seems like the attributes for these players were randomly assigned and that almost all of the players who are outside of the top 100 or so all have basically the same hitting attributes. There's really nothing that distinguishes these players from one another. Maybe that is because their ratings have been scaled down so much.

I'm not knocking you guys. Even without the potentials of certain players being different than what you intended, just looking at the attributes, something seems like it might have gotten messed up.

For example, take Dustin Ackley who is a top 10 prospect and who is one of the most polished hitting major league ready players in decades, and compare him to one of Seattle's lowest rated players, Ronnie Prettyman, who is also a 2nd baseman.

Ackley's hitting attributes are:
RT contact 46
LT contact 43
RT power 37
LT power 33
vision 47
discipline 52

Ronnie Prettyman's hitting attributes:
RT contact 32
LT contact 27
RT power 27
LT power 22
vision 37
discipline 37

To me, there's really not much of a difference at all between these two players. Attributes do not dictate that a player is going to perform a certain way every single time or even half of the time, but that makes this even more puzzling because a player can easily play a little above attributes and a little below his attributes. With that being the case, there is basically nothing separating Ackley from all of Seattle's or any other team's other lowest rated prospects.

This is just one example, but this applies to every team I've looked at. I'm not just picking out Ackley.

This is another thing that makes me wonder if something got messed up or glitched along the way. K, I remember you saying that Poythress was going to be added. He's a player that I couldn't see being left out, unless you did intend to add him and then just simply forgot about him or thought that you added him when you didn't.
Hey! Dont knock Ronnie, he is my beer pong partner!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #478
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
No way would I give Parker a B. I love him and think he is a solid A.
Correction Ridin, I did have him as a B because of injury. Same as Mitchell. Looking at the file that I sent to Mike on 3/14/10 at 2:23AM
Old 04-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #479
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

It was my doing with Casey Kelly as well. I listed him as a B. I believe I changed Grant Green to an A as well as Max Stassi. Position players rated A are much more valuable in the interim.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #480
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

I guess I didnt change Mitchell either. It was a recommendation to Knight considering the injury happened after the set was started.

Ryan Dent is black, not white.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »