Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #201
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

maybe I wasn't looking for it before, but I have seen LOTS of check swings in my CPU vs CPU franchise post-patch, including check swings that actually hit the bat. BTW, does anyone know how the stamina slider works? what I mean to ask is, if you move it closer to 100, do they get tired slower, or faster? I have tried moving higher (80-90) and I can't really see a difference. just trying to find a workaround until the 2nd patch comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #202
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
Woo hoo!
What he said.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #203
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Someone is here mentioned it, but the ball is releasing from the pitchers hand terribly again like last year. They had it fixed before the patch, but now it's broken again.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #204
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
has anyone else noticed this? can you look at the attributes of some players from an old roster and the new roster and see if they edited down their arm strength and accuracy?

this would be great news if its true, would also mean I have to start over My Player for the 5th time! hehe
I don't have any cross referenced material but I do know that from looking at different outfielders etc in the roster, their ratings seem to be true to life and would equal what I am seeing on the field.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #205
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Partly, but it didn't specifically say they fixed the stamina bug, just that CPU pitcher's don't stay in as long as they did before. I don't think they had time to fully fix it in this patch, nor did they plan to. As has been said a few times in this thread, they wanted to rush this patch out to fix the online ranked match bug, so bigger fixes seem to be lined up for the next patch.
Well, I was playing 'My Player' in a spring training game and the Astros left Roy Oswalt game into the 5th inning, ahead 6-0 and on 109 pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #206
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
does anyone know how the stamina slider works?

Moving it to the right makes them tire faster. I have it at 100 in my My Player mode since pitcher stamina doesn't go down unless you're on the field. I've had times where I've had long at bats and so have the guys following me in the lineup while Im' on base and we've knocked down the pitcher's stamina by 20-25 in one inning. "But the stamina goes down too fast that way!" you might say... but dont' fret! Because when you pop back up to the plate 2-3 innings later, he's still at the same stamina. I had it at about 65 or so in my franchise and that seemed to be about perfect for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #207
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Well, I was playing 'My Player' in a spring training game and the Astros left Roy Oswalt game into the 5th inning, ahead 6-0 and on 109 pitches.
How much longer did they leave him in the game after that? How many pitches did he throw before being taken out? Leaving a guy in in the 5th on 109 pitches isn't horribly bad. Especially if the manager wants to save the bullpen and not have them throw 5 innings, it also gives the pitcher the opportunity for getting the win.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #208
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Someone is here mentioned it, but the ball is releasing from the pitchers hand terribly again like last year. They had it fixed before the patch, but now it's broken again.
This is something I started noticing as well. Its not enough to really take away from the game, but it is noticeable in certain situations. I wonder what they did in the patch to cause this issue to crop up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »