Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Too long to read all this, but on the first page, people talking about check swings still being called strikes...

You do know that if you check your swing but the bat goes more than half way through the swing - typically when the bat head gets parallel to the front of the plate - it's still a strike as it's counted as a swing.

Not every check swing on a ball out of the zone is going to be called a ball because of that.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 AM   #138
Banned

OVR: 13

At least 2K is serious about patching MLB 2K10. NBA 2K10 has been suffering from serious issues and they've done NOTHING about it.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
yep, i simulated the preseason and went straight to the first game of regular season. I tried this with several teams, same result. game is carrying over stats into the season opener.

Should be an easy fix, but SOMEBODY HAS TO FIX IT.

Haven't experienced it because I haven't played since downloading the patch, but that is absolutely a game killer. Unacceptable. I like that the patch fixed some issues, but to create a new issue (and a major one?)..... just can't happen.

I'm going to test it for myself tomorrow, and then I guess if it's true I will be clearing my cache.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:20 AM   #140
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Haven't experienced it because I haven't played since downloading the patch, but that is absolutely a game killer. Unacceptable. I like that the patch fixed some issues, but to create a new issue (and a major one?)..... just can't happen.

I'm going to test it for myself tomorrow, and then I guess if it's true I will be clearing my cache.
I think I might of found a way around this problem. I decided to make a new Franchise with the M's and I did not want to play spring training games. I read earlier here that there was a bug so here I am to solve a possible fix.

First thing I did was notice there was statatics as you said they would be rolled over from spring triaining. I was pretty pissed myself. So i tried something before going to the first game with stats. Go to the first OFF day before the regular season and press A to simulate to regluar season. All of sudden the stats went back to 0-0 for the pitchers. I hope this might save the game for you, cuz I did for me. Enjoy

Last edited by Grumpykore; 03-17-2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:45 AM   #141
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Post Patch Impression:

Now that I might of figured out the Stat Glitch, i proceeded to the first game of the season with the M's. VS. A's. King Felix mowed down 10 batters in 10 innings. The only reason why i went 10 was it was a 1-1 tie. Ben Sheets match me alomst K for K. Pretty relaistic. I had some real battles with him throughout the game. His PC was up the in the 85-90's thru 9. i guess the manager did not want to pull him either just incase a win was in the cards. Bottom of 9th Felix gives up a triple in the gap to Coco and I'm like oh well good game. Next batter ground out 1 Out, next batter pop up to short 2 outs. Felix was pretty rattled with his PC up there to in the 90's too. Next batter 3-2 count lined drive to felix caught 3rd out. Yes, Well as I was saying Top of the 10th I decided to Warm Up my bullpen cuz felix had nothing left in the tank and I had fixed has composure and stamina earlier so no go for that. Lopez steps up first, bloop single up the gap. Sweet, So here is the great part about the story as I had subbed Griffey DH for Byrnes earlier as a pitch runner in the 8th. He comes to plate and Pay back at the Collisium for letting me go 3 years ago a 2 Run Job dead center 405 over the wall. Jumping up and down, i was excited, but i still had to play the bottom of the inning now. So I immediately brought in the DA for the close. It was close he gave up a run to make it 3-2 but striked out the batter looking for the save. Byrnes did not get player of the game, felix did with his 10 K's

Sorry to post such a long game but it was hella fun for me. I have not had that much fun in a while. To get off a good start with a game like that makes BFJOES Sliders all the cooler.
Overall there are some things that still need addressed but I think well see another patch before opening day with the other known issues resolved. Maybe.

peace

Last edited by Grumpykore; 03-17-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 04:53 AM   #142
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

How do you clear the cache on the 360? I wanna try this and re-install everything back into the game and see if it makes a difference. Thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 1

Heres my first post-patch game. Spring training game in MLB Today mode Brewers (Me) vs Royals.

Gil Meche stayed in the game until the eighth inning. The Royals had a 2-0 lead when Prince hit a 3 run bomb. Meche was pulled after the next batter (energy 37, 88 pitch count) for Bruce Chen.

The Royals went on to tie the game at 3-3 in the 9th. When the game went to extras the Royals pulled Chen for Soria, but only after Chen gave up a 2 run homer. I was pretty pleased to see 3 pitchers being. Not sure if this helps anyone but this game seemed realistic to me.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #144
MVP

OVR: 15

At the moment there are still some issues that makes the game unplayble to me:
  • lack of hit variety, give me infiled flies and foul balls and I'm ok
  • baserunners do not tag up on sacrifice fly situations, can anyone confirm the problem still exists postpatch?
  • fielders' cannon arms

I really hope 2K is well aware of this and working on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »