Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #105
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
Since my buddy own the 360 version and we played it post patch here is my impression of the patch: could have been better.
That's not a constructive impression.

Anybody else try to play slick like this will not get a pass.

I want anything not doing with the patch done with. Next comment not about the patch gets an infraction for Off Topic posting and on it will go until people get the idea.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #106
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

There was a check swing on the first pitch I threw.

Does the game feel faster to anyone else?

No check swing with classic sucks,still no pitch out either I guess?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
There was a check swing on the first pitch I threw.

Does the game feel faster to anyone else?

No check swing with classic sucks,still no pitch out either I guess?
Pitch-out is available. After you select your pitch, I believe you press the "X" button (on the 360). I think for intentional walk, you have to click in the left stick or something after selecting a pitch.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #108
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Well, I just downloaded the patch and it works in the franchise that I already had going.

This is great, because I would've just lived without them had they not been applied to my pre existing franchise.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
Kevdood, thank you very much for your hard work. It is much appreciated.

I can't seem to access the bug list you are referring to, but here are 2k's patch 2 priorities, imo....

1. Errors and injuries.
2. Arm strength for OF.
3. The double switch issue (pinch hitting for the pitcher and then leaving that player in the game at another position.
4. Sac fly RBIs being miscredited. (hit a sac fly with Skip Schumaker to drive in Felipe Lopez. Brendan Ryan, the next batter up, was credited with the RBI)
5. Players do not tag up on fly balls.
6. Fixing the "fatigue glitch". Should probably be higher, but at least the CPU removes their pitcher at somewhat appropriate times.
7. Stealing difficulty. You can only steal off of pitchers with very slow deliveries or on bad pitches in the dirt.

That's just my opinion. Not all are bugs, per se, but they are issues. Again, thanks for the hard work.
I agree with everything here, but I must add the franchise issues:

1. Teams are way under budget compared to real-life counterparts.
2. Star free agents are taking FAR LESS than market value, allowing small market teams to retain superstars like Prince Fielder for, say, $3 million/year. I don't mind that small market teams can remain competitive, but I do mind that the free agent pool is anemic each off-season.
3. There has to be some way to see a player's potential. I don't know if this is fixable, but scouting, drafting and trading are useless without being able to determine how good a player might be.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have played three games since the patch was released. I placed all sliders back to their default position. I have not witnessed the pitcher fatigue glitch with the fatigue slider back on the default of, 50. Maybe, I'm just lucky thus far?

Other observations post-patch; The jaggies have definitely improved although I am seeing some frame rate slow downs, mainly in replays. Replays follow the ball a great deal better. All Players of the Game have been chosen wisely. Once it was my starting pitcher with 8 innings of 1 run ball. The check swings are in and the play at the walls with the ball marker, collision, and climbing are much improved. Double plays are more fluid in their execution. The AI seems to take the easy out, example, throwing out the runner at first versus throwing extremely late to get the lead runner on a sacrifice bunt. That is all I have for now.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 16

I played two games today. I still feel like the computer keeps there starter in until you put up 3-6 runs in one inning. Have yet to see the check swing.

I love this game but I have yet to see the things they patched be effective.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #112
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Pitch-out is available. After you select your pitch, I believe you press the "X" button (on the 360). I think for intentional walk, you have to click in the left stick or something after selecting a pitch.
I was talking about the classic pitching. X is a normal pitch with classic pitching. The intentional walk still works but it seems no one knows how to pitch out and it's really awful because the AI can't be stopped from stealing it seems.

Speaking of stealing post patch I've attempted 2 and both times there was no throw at all by the catcher. There was also no throw on what should've been a double play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »