Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #129
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
Well let's see: They put check swings into the game, They should have been in the game since the beginning. It is nice they put it out so quick BUT I would have gladly waited another week or two to make sure these things worked properly. It seems like the pitching is still hit or miss to me.
The issue of the check swing abcense in the original game has been beaten to death, and as the moderator said, this is not the place to debate previous issues. The good news is they patched it in...so no sense in dwelling on the past.

And about waiting another few weeks, the other patch is coming, so we have that to wait on. Personally I'm glad they got this patch out quickly because now ranked matches are working, and though you may not play online, a ton of people do. Plus we have less jaggies and the other fixes are icing on the cake while we wait for the other patch. So I don't see the point in complaining about it.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-16-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 13

1. Since the patch, I've been able to check swing once. Still called a strike, but I did check.
2. The POTG is better. Sabathia earned the POTG - the first time a pitcher won it in a game - for a 8 IP, 0 R, 8 K perf in a 2-0 game. Before, a 1 for 4 or 0 for 4 hitter would get the POTG.

Top 3 plays are strange, tho. #1 was a meaningless PH single by A-Rod in the 9th. WTF?

A-Rod PH for Pena, who had a key hit. Maybe the game was confused.

Last edited by JonahFalcon; 03-16-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #131
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Just finished my third game post-patch. A couple of new things I've observed.

1) Played Dodgers vs. Nationals. They had Jason Marquis on the mound, and he had a rough outing. I made him throw 28 pitches in the first inning, and I hit a 3-Run HR with Manny to take the lead. Not really overly relevant, but they scored two of their own in the bottom of the first. After having a relatively easy second inning (1 hit, 13 pitches thrown), I was very surprised to see a pinch hitter come in for Marquis, and there was a new pitcher to start the 3rd. Now, I didn't really pay attention to what his fatigue was at after the second, but it seems AWFULLY weird that he was pulled after two innings, 41 pitches, and a 3-2 tie? Again, I have the Pitcher Fatigue slider at 70 (from pre-patch), but I think I'm going to reset it to default for post-patch.

2) I think I have found a new bug (for kpkpkp to report to Ronnie at 2K). This has happened to me three times today, with two being from my last game against the Nats. After a random action replay (this one being a 2-run HR by Zimmerman), the camera gets stuck on the batter in the box. The weird thing is the replay is done, and the camera is just focused on the batter for some reason??? After hitting every button on the controller, I found that hitting the D-Pad down (sub menu) brings the game back into action. Has anybody else experienced this?

Any thoughts?
1) 2k definitely needs to work on early inning pitching substitution logic next year, the mets replaced Johan Santana after 2.1 IP and 2 ER pre patch for me.

2) I experienced this a few times as well, and just like you I hit about every button until I tried out down on the dpad. That seems to be the only way to get out of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #132
Pro

OVR: 3

I just figured out what is going on with statistics in new franchises since the patch....

It appears that when you start a new franchise it is pulling pre-season cactus and grapefruit league stats into the regular season. I started a brewers season and counted up Fielders HR's in preseason...8...and checked league leaders...8. And he had already played 30 games.

This is a major problem and I can't play another game until they fix this. Should be a simple fix, but yes, when you start a new franchise, preseason stats count toward your regular season totals as well.

Anybody got a 2K connection that can report this?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #133
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
I just figured out what is going on with statistics in new franchises since the patch....

It appears that when you start a new franchise it is pulling pre-season cactus and grapefruit league stats into the regular season. I started a brewers season and counted up Fielders HR's in preseason...8...and checked league leaders...8. And he had already played 30 games.

This is a major problem and I can't play another game until they fix this. Should be a simple fix, but yes, when you start a new franchise, preseason stats count toward your regular season totals as well.

Anybody got a 2K connection that can report this?
thats a hell of a bug.

if you skip the preseason games, does this still happen?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #134
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but I just played my first game with the new patch and wanted to say that I noticed a couple things.

Now maybe it is just my imagination, but everything seems a bit slower, fielding, throwing, pitching. These are good things. Also I swear that the fastball is straightened out. again, could be my imagination.
I noticed this also. I had to increase my fielder speed from 25 to 45, and it still was a bit slow.

2k-please patch that auto fielding feel., and not letting us finish a play, that gets on my nerves. If I throw to the cut off man you should let me throw to the infielder. don t go to the next batter. come on 2k-patch this.

Its like Im not even playing.
I really want to like this game, but I'm having a hard time.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:09 AM   #135
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
thats a hell of a bug.

if you skip the preseason games, does this still happen?
yep, i simulated the preseason and went straight to the first game of regular season. I tried this with several teams, same result. game is carrying over stats into the season opener.

Should be an easy fix, but SOMEBODY HAS TO FIX IT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #136
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I noticed this also. I had to increase my fielder speed from 25 to 45, and it still was a bit slow.

2k-please patch that auto fielding feel., and not letting us finish a play, that gets on my nerves. If I throw to the cut off man you should let me throw to the infielder. don t go to the next batter. come on 2k-patch this.

Its like Im not even playing.
I really want to like this game, but I'm having a hard time.
I cant believe more people are not complaining about this auto fielding .This is my biggest gripe along with a few other things. As far as the patch goes check swings seem to work well POTG works so far Arm strength seems to be hit or miss.Jaggies are diff less,but what im really noticing is the CPU is more aggressive again just like last year I have played 3 games so far

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »