Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #97
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
The patch was only submitted to MS and not Sony because MS helped them out to release the patch early.

There will also be another patch for the 360.

The PS3 will get both patches combined as one.

So worry not PS3 gamers, you are getting the same patching as 360 users.

Cool, good stuff Jeffy.

Also, this is kevdood8312 from 2K forums.

Can you check out the changes I made to the bug list before I email it to Ron2K again?

He emailed this morning and is waiting on the updated list.
The list looks great, man

Thanks for taking the time to put that together. I hope 2K puts it to good use.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0
I can't stand the draft in franchise mode. Without potential it is just a guessing game this is a must fix for franchise mode!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

Cool, good stuff Jeffy.

Also, this is kevdood8312 from 2K forums.

Can you check out the changes I made to the bug list before I email it to Ron2K again?

He emailed this morning and is waiting on the updated list.

Kevdood, thank you very much for your hard work. It is much appreciated.

I can't seem to access the bug list you are referring to, but here are 2k's patch 2 priorities, imo....

1. Errors and injuries.
2. Arm strength for OF.
3. The double switch issue (pinch hitting for the pitcher and then leaving that player in the game at another position.
4. Sac fly RBIs being miscredited. (hit a sac fly with Skip Schumaker to drive in Felipe Lopez. Brendan Ryan, the next batter up, was credited with the RBI)
5. Players do not tag up on fly balls.
6. Fixing the "fatigue glitch". Should probably be higher, but at least the CPU removes their pitcher at somewhat appropriate times.
7. Stealing difficulty. You can only steal off of pitchers with very slow deliveries or on bad pitches in the dirt.

That's just my opinion. Not all are bugs, per se, but they are issues. Again, thanks for the hard work.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #100
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230

I can't seem to access the bug list you are referring to, but here are 2k's patch 2 priorities, imo....

1. Errors and injuries.
2. Arm strength for OF.
3. The double switch issue (pinch hitting for the pitcher and then leaving that player in the game at another position.
4. Sac fly RBIs being miscredited. (hit a sac fly with Skip Schumaker to drive in Felipe Lopez. Brendan Ryan, the next batter up, was credited with the RBI)
5. Players do not tag up on fly balls.
6. Fixing the "fatigue glitch". Should probably be higher, but at least the CPU removes their pitcher at somewhat appropriate times.
7. Stealing difficulty. You can only steal off of pitchers with very slow deliveries or on bad pitches in the dirt.

That's just my opinion. Not all are bugs, per se, but they are issues. Again, thanks for the hard work.
Player edit cap!!

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 03-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #101
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
All I will say is patch #2 better be a whole lot better than this.

It seems they just completely ignore the biggest gripes...gameplay issues.

This is pretty disappointing to say the least.

Just a whole lot of fluff and very little substance with this patch.
They were working on this one before the game was released. My thought process is that they wanted to get this patch out to fix the easy stuff and then release the next patch as the outfield arms and fatigue might take longer to fix. ie the fluff takes less time to fix than the substance.

I could be wrong, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #102
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Guys, we all already know what the "issues" are pre-patch. Unless you have IMPRESSIONS about this current patch, I advise you keep the chatter out.

There's a thread dedicated to the glitches and bugs. Post in there or don't post anything at all.

I don't even know why I have to say the obvious here.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
And yet you continue to buy PC sports games???? lol
And you are right in that PC gamers are an after thought to sports gaming makers but that is probably because "console" sports games sell alot more then PC sports games.
Of course I will! The graphics and playability is ALWAYS better! we just get shafted for patches! The xbox360 is a cheap knock off PC that is pre-programed and has far inferior processing and graphics power then my PC. Also I can edit uniforms, rosters pretty much anything I want on a PC game. The xbox360 I have no access to any of the game files unless I want to take apart the entire system and hack the HDD. I know why console gaming is so popular and I'm not debating that here. I am just tired of hearing the PS3 people complain cause at least they HAVE a patch coming, while PC users gave $30 to a company that couldn't careless about fixing the issues with that platforms game.

Since my buddy own the 360 version and we played it post patch here is my impression of the patch: could have been better.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #104
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259242

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »