Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #89
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch is Live, Post Impressions Here (360)

OK, I deleted the patch to compare graphics and there is a DEFINITE reduction in jaggies. Post patch, the edges of the pitcher's mound are quite a bit smoother and you can really notice the scoreboards and other outfield areas look less jagged when batting......it's not totally jaggie-less, but it is better now.

I can take some pics for comparison if you guys want, but I'm not sure how good it would look with a digital camera, but take my word for it, it's an improvement (you can test for yourself by clearing your cache).

With that said, after the patch I have noticed a bit of frame rate hitching while base running from the My Player view, but it's not bad, and it's mostly when I pan the camera with the right stick, so I guess that's the trade off for having a little more anti aliasing to smooth out the jaggies. I'll take it because for the most part, the framerate is still just as smooth overall.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-16-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #90
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
Thanks 2k for shafting the PS3. I tried to enjoy 2 bball games this season. What a waste of money!!
I actually tweeted Ronnie2K a response stating that I bought 2K10 over the Show and this is how you treat me? His answer was this, "Maybe you don't know the whole story... read my patch post again and read into it what you will."

I can't read his patch notes (http://bit.ly/cnChQ9) at work. Anybody able to decipher what he meant?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #91
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

a couple more things, i too have noticed that the jaggies are cleaned up. the graphics actually look a lot better to me. i really noticed that right away.

the check swings that i saw had some appeals to the umpires along with the commentary for them. if it was a ball, it would be a ball. its just a shame that you cant check swing on classic control. i dont have any interest in using the swing stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #92
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
OK, I deleted the patch to compare graphics and there is a DEFINITE reduction in jaggies. Post patch, the edges of the pitcher's mound are quite a bit smoother and you can really notice the scoreboards and other outfield areas look less jagged when batting......it's not totally jaggie-less, but it is better now.

I can take some pics for comparison if you guys want, but I'm not sure how good it would look with a digital camera, but take my word for it, it's an improvement (you can test for yourself by clearing your cache).

With that said, after the patch I have noticed a bit of frame rate hitching while base running from the My Player view, but it's not bad, and it's mostly when I pan the camera with the right stick, so I guess that's the trade off for having a little more anti aliasing to smooth out the jaggies. I'll take it because for the most part, the framerate is still just as smooth overall.
I'm glad you posted something because I thought I noticed an improvement too as soon as I started My Player. But I thought it was my imagination and wishful thinking. I did not go as far as you did and delete the patch and check it, so it's really true then great news! I didn't think they would be able to do something like this is a small patch.

It would be nice to see some comparison pics if you get a chance.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #93
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I actually tweeted Ronnie2K a response stating that I bought 2K10 over the Show and this is how you treat me? His answer was this, "Maybe you don't know the whole story... read my patch post again and read into it what you will."

I can't read his patch notes (http://bit.ly/cnChQ9) at work. Anybody able to decipher what he meant?
The patch was only submitted to MS and not Sony because MS helped them out to release the patch early.

There will also be another patch for the 360.

The PS3 will get both patches combined as one.

So worry not PS3 gamers, you are getting the same patching as 360 users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777

Cool, good stuff Jeffy.

Also, this is kevdood8312 from 2K forums.

Can you check out the changes I made to the bug list before I email it to Ron2K again?

He emailed this morning and is waiting on the updated list.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
There is nothing wrong with the swing stick at all. Its a great mechanic, and if more people gave it a chance instead of blindly going with the "tried and true" they would have a much better gaming experience.

The developers purposely nixed many of the other batting methods because they wanted to give full attention to their swing stick mechanic to really get it right. I applaud them for doing that, because, as a result, the swing stick has turned into a great and surprisingly deep batting mechanic.

i prefer timing & attributes myself.not moving a "stick" to obtain a certin swing type.no check swings in classic hitting=a gatt damnnn shame/
Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 32

All I will say is patch #2 better be a whole lot better than this.

It seems they just completely ignore the biggest gripes...gameplay issues.

This is pretty disappointing to say the least.

Just a whole lot of fluff and very little substance with this patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #96
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a walrus
i prefer timing & attributes myself.not moving a "stick" to obtain a certin swing type.no check swings in classic hitting=a gatt damnnn shame/
i co-sign that and wont be playing this game without a classic control check swing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »