Home

MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #225
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Thanks CB. This was my concern in NBA 2K10, but 2K applied the patch to the franchise as well. I hope SCEA do the same thing.
they will do everything they can to make the patch co-exist with active franchises, but there is always the possibility that you'll have to restart.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 0

So, I just saw the updated roster. Most of the changes were made correctly, but I still see some fairly big issues.

Why are these guys D's!?
Zack Duke
Jose Lopez
Dustin McGowan
J.J. Hardy
Jose Morales
Joey Devine
Josh Reddick
Leo Nunez
Sean Burnett
Matt Capps
Jeff Francoeur
Jeff Baker
Nick Masset
Manny Parra
Charlie Morton
Evan Meek
Ryan Church
Kyle McClellan
Greg Smith
Manuel Corpas
pretty much the entire Mariners & Indians bullpen

Why are these guys C's?
Kenshin Kawakami
Ryan Sweeney
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Russell Martin
Scott Kazmir
John Maine
Conor Jackson
Casey McGhee
Yadier Molina

WHY are these guys F's?
Cla Meredith
Jeremy Bonderman
Sean Marshall
Jason Pridie

and WHY are these guys A's when they are well past that potential?
Jim Thome
Mike Lowell
Matt Stairs
Jamie Moyer
Jason Giambi
Hideki Matsui
Vlad
Alfonso Soriano
Mike Cameron
Orlando Cabrera
Chris Dickerson
Latroy Hawkins
Octavio Dotel
Arthur Rhodes A's, with
Eric Byrnes, Ken Griffey Jr. some B's

I'm not saying the F,D, & C's should all be A's but they are better or have the potential to be B's with C's being minimum. Meanwhile, guys who are over the hill or not that good anymore have A potential. You have pinch hitters, #5 pitcher at best, crippled DH's, all being A's when they should be knocked back to a B or C.

And to me Grady Sizemore is an A all the way along with Jose Reyes.

It's better then it was a week ago, but still has some ratings to address. I would like to see actual MLB player ratings go up, with more of the fake player ratings going down. Oh, and can someone please tell me why the Astros have 16 A's on their team!

Last edited by Pruce; 03-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes, Jeff Francoeur should be an F
Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #228
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruce
So, I just saw the updated roster. Most of the changes were made correctly, but I still see some fairly big issues.

Why are these guys D's!?
Zack Duke
Jose Lopez
Dustin McGowan
J.J. Hardy
Jose Morales
Joey Devine
Josh Reddick
Leo Nunez
Sean Burnett
Matt Capps
Jeff Francoeur
Jeff Baker
Nick Masset
Manny Parra
Charlie Morton
Evan Meek
Ryan Church
Kyle McClellan
Greg Smith
Manuel Corpas
pretty much the entire Mariners & Indians bullpen

Why are these guys C's?
Kenshin Kawakami
Ryan Sweeney
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Russell Martin
Scott Kazmir
John Maine
Conor Jackson
Casey McGhee
Yadier Molina

WHY are these guys F's?
Cla Meredith
Jeremy Bonderman
Sean Marshall
Jason Pridie

and WHY are these guys A's when they are well past that potential?
Jim Thome
Mike Lowell
Matt Stairs
Jamie Moyer
Jason Giambi
Hideki Matsui
Vlad
Alfonso Soriano
Mike Cameron
Orlando Cabrera
Chris Dickerson
Latroy Hawkins
Octavio Dotel
Arthur Rhodes A's, with
Eric Byrnes, Ken Griffey Jr. some B's

I'm not saying the F,D, & C's should all be A's but they are better or have the potential to be B's with C's being minimum. Meanwhile, guys who are over the hill or not that good anymore have A potential. You have pinch hitters, #5 pitcher at best, crippled DH's, all being A's when they should be knocked back to a B or C.

And to me Grady Sizemore is an A all the way along with Jose Reyes.

It's better then it was a week ago, but still has some ratings to address. I would like to see actual MLB player ratings go up, with more of the fake player ratings going down. Oh, and can someone please tell me why the Astros have 16 A's on their team!
i think potential isnt the right word for this, because what it prevents is guys dropping more than improving. Like Jeter being an A he isnt gonna drop 10 points after the year and why should he, he just had his best season... and i cant believe those words came out of my mouth, sorry fellow sox fans let me correct myself... screw jeter!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #229
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

As far as the potentials, why would a Ryan Church rate above a D? Did you see him as a Met? remember potentials are not set in stone, some people are getting way too worried about potentials. Hey if your Pirates fan wouldnt you want Jose Tabata to be a A or a B ?? but guess what he is a C at best. I mean there a lot of players that are decent that have no upside, they may be decent players but will never progress above that. There is nothing wrong with that. I mean guess what when Luke Hochever was drafted bet everybody thought he was a A, guess what probably a C. Brad Lincoln was drafted ahead of Clayton Kershaw, Joba and TIm Lincecum, guess what C potential.Most of this is subjective and once again potentials can be altered based off how they train.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
i think potential isnt the right word for this, because what it prevents is guys dropping more than improving. Like Jeter being an A he isnt gonna drop 10 points after the year and why should he, he just had his best season... and i cant believe those words came out of my mouth, sorry fellow sox fans let me correct myself... screw jeter!!!!!

I don't quite agree. I understand your point, but guys like J.J. Hardy, Zach Duke, Jose Lopez etc. should be rated to where they can improve and not drop soo much. Even if it's just to stop dropping, like what you're saying I think, is fine.

Example Felix Hernandez was rated a C before the roster update and he was dropping like 7points in each category with varying training and coaches used in multiple sims. Young or talented players should be getting a rating where it's much harder to drop and they can improve, while some older players should be getting a reduced rating so they can "drop" and lose value in the game.

With the lower ratings for the younger players the game will have them decline at a faster rate and all your training and coaches go out the window. Meanwhile they are replaced by more fake players and the older players remain around a little longer cuz of increased rating.

From what it looks like to me A's and B's increase your ratings until you reach an age the CPU stabilizes you at, C's stay almost the same, while D's and F's have no chances of improving and staying in the game.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #231
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltw0303cavs
As far as the potentials, why would a Ryan Church rate above a D? Did you see him as a Met? remember potentials are not set in stone, some people are getting way too worried about potentials. Hey if your Pirates fan wouldnt you want Jose Tabata to be a A or a B ?? but guess what he is a C at best. I mean there a lot of players that are decent that have no upside, they may be decent players but will never progress above that. There is nothing wrong with that. I mean guess what when Luke Hochever was drafted bet everybody thought he was a A, guess what probably a C. Brad Lincoln was drafted ahead of Clayton Kershaw, Joba and TIm Lincecum, guess what C potential.Most of this is subjective and once again potentials can be altered based off how they train.
If in fact I see potential ratings change through training and coaches hired, I will quit my bitching. However, I've yet to see documentation, statement, or actual sims I've done having potential ratings change. As we all know those potential ratings mean alot in trades, and like MLB 09 the show the ratings didn't change through training and such. If there is such a document, video, or post I've missed showing the changing of potential ratings through training as you say, I'd love to see it, because that would be an awesome addition to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #232
Rookie

OVR: 8

Sounds to me like these players are be graded on weather they have fulfilled their own potential. Now each player has their own hidden "ability/potential" some do an A job at getting the most out of their ability while some do not...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »