Home

MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #249
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
Some players have been addressed, not all. Incomplete fix.
For the most part I think they got most of the important players fixed. I just simmed a few seasons of RTTS to see if the Twins roster was realistic afterwards and everyone that I expected to still be there 3 years from now were there. Whereas with the previous rosters after 3 years they had traded away Morneau, Kubel, Cuddyer, and Joe Mauer was a declining backup to AJ Pierzynski (ummm....yea).

The only odd trades I saw were pitcher related...which as others have pointed out is because of the excess of A potential pitchers in the minor leagues.

If they can balance out the minor leagues I think they will have it fixed. A lot of people will disagree though because they are so hung up on one or two players they like not being ranked as high as they want.

Edit- forgot to mention I changed the Injury slider to 1 and it greatly balanced out injuries even though I was simming. The first time I simmed through RTTS without changing injuries I was getting hurt 3-4 times per season. This time, I didn't get hurt once in 3 years.

Last edited by BigZell20; 03-08-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yadier Molina- C, A
come on son!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know some of things are being fixed, or so I've heard, but the trade engine still needs some work as well. This is probably the wrong thread and has already been discussed, but, in franchise, I was just able to trade Felix Hernandez to the Red Sox for Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, and Clay Bucholz. This was done with the updated rosters.

That, along with the remaining player ratings that are still out of whack, looks like something that needs to be addressed. It may already be in the process of that; just thought I'd share the observation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #252
Rookie

OVR: 7

How do I simulate games without popups popping up? I just want to simulate to the draft without any interruptions. Also controlling 30 teams. How do I get the cpu to draft for every team but the one i have a profile for?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #253
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
How do I simulate games without popups popping up? I just want to simulate to the draft without any interruptions. Also controlling 30 teams. How do I get the cpu to draft for every team but the one i have a profile for?
You can't do either, thats what I don't like like about 30 team rosster control. Its too cumbersome, I just want to focus on one team.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
You can't do either, thats what I don't like like about 30 team rosster control. Its too cumbersome, I just want to focus on one team.

And if I dont control all 30 teams and just use my team they will trade my players?

Man this blows man. Kind of unlucky for me my first experience with the show the games like this. And I know I'm not the only first timers experiencing this.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 AM   #255
Rookie

OVR: 1
any way that gaby sanchez from the marlins be upgraded to a B potential from a C, he isn't an A but he is a late bloomer that has always been a solid hitter at all levels and I feel he should be a B potential.
Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #256
Banned

OVR: 8

Name - Current Potential/Deserved Potential

Jason Heyward - B/A. He's at B? Are you serious? I don't think I need to explain this one. Kid's gonna be a superstar and we all know it. Please move him to an A.

Jair Jurjeens - B/A. He has a huge upside. Him and Tommy Hanson are going to be the 1-2 if not by the end of this year then by the start of next year. JJ is an elite pitcher as of now and it sucks that he can't progress to an elite in the game. He's a B and should without a doubt be an A.

Gregor Blanco - D/C. He should at least be a C in my opinion. He's got a lot of experience at the big league level and is a decent backup outfielder. I'm not saying he'll become a great starter for anyone, I'm saying he'll be a decent forth outfielder for most teams.

Melky Cabrera D/C. He should be somewhere in between a C to a B. Dudes been up there for a minute and there's no way he should be at D.

Eric O'Flaherty D/B. Dude had an outstanding year to be an unknown. Like Melky, he should be a high C to a low B.

Luis Valdez F/C. He came up late in the year last year and had a great year. It was his first time ever being up there and played very very well for the Braves late in the season. No way he's a F.

David Ross D/B. This guy could start for several teams. He's hands down the best backup catcher in the league.

Diory Hernandez A/C. He was up there 2/3 of the season last year and stunk it up. He only got to play because he could play every infield position. He sucks with the bat and is in no way shape or form an A.

Brooks Conrad F/D. He came up and won a game for the Braves. No way he's a F.

Juan Pierre B/A. Before Andruw came he was the man in LA. Look at his career stats. This guy could be a star!

You guys have to get to JHey. When I seen that he was a B I was shocked. He should be first on the to do list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »