Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #577
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort
For me, workarounds are not a solution....but regardless of that, you are corrrect - these issues/probs will get fixed.

But how long will it take? and how many updates? There are not just a small handful of problems. The RTTS, the online game, the Manager Mode has issues, stadiums have issues, etc.

This game is great because it offers so many modes and platforms to play on. But this amateur release has bugs in everyone of those modes and/or platforms.

Who cares if they are on vacation or not (everyone deserves time off)... its just a matter of the game being so deep in bugs & glitches that it will take some time to correct (regardless of who, if any, take vacations).

Don't see a bugs thread in MLB2k10 section? While I'm sure it has it's own bugs - not so many to warrant their own thread.

$60 games are $60 for a reason. Having so many bugs in a release is not one of them.
How long it will take is unknown. And as I said, we shouldn't have to use workarounds, but the thing is that we do, and we are at least lucky enough that we have members of our community that are not only willing to research these workarounds, but share them with the community. Whether someone wants to use the workarounds is up to them, but I would hope they would at least attempt them to see how they work out rather than dismissing them and selling a game they would get enjoyment out of.

$60 games are $60 because of the rise in production costs. And having any bugs at all shouldn't be part of the equation, but it has been and it always will be.

Oh and MLB2k10 does have a bugs and glitches thread. Not that its important nor matters in regards to the Show, but since you brought it up...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #578
Banned

OVR: 1

Im staying with 09 this year. The game is perfect and plays well. The lighting and new features that are offered on this years game can not overcome the broken franchise mode. I am strictly a franchise player. So this kills everything for me. I dont play exhibition or RTTS. I dont want to have to handle 30 teams this year and do all thier lineups and trades just to make the game work. And once you do that you have to worry about the freezing issue. So Im going to save 30 bucks and buy 2009 back used at gamestop for 30 bucks and have fun this year rebuilding the Pittsburgh Pirates my way.

Anyone else doing this or am I crazy for not buying 2010
Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #579
MVP

OVR: 17

I wonder why SCEA can't wait another month or so to release the game? Seems like every year, the game is full of bugs and issues, and it pisses people off.

If a patch comes out 1 or 2 months from now and fixes 50-75% of the issues, whats the difference of releasing a less "buggier" game in April?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #580
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
I wonder why SCEA can't wait another month or so to release the game? Seems like every year, the game is full of bugs and issues, and it pisses people off.

If a patch comes out 1 or 2 months from now and fixes 50-75% of the issues, whats the difference of releasing a less "buggier" game in April?
well...if the issue is due to the time they have to develop the game, then pushing it back is only a one year solution. March to March or April to April is still a 12 month difference.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #581
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs
Im staying with 09 this year. The game is perfect and plays well. The lighting and new features that are offered on this years game can not overcome the broken franchise mode. I am strictly a franchise player. So this kills everything for me. I dont play exhibition or RTTS. I dont want to have to handle 30 teams this year and do all thier lineups and trades just to make the game work. And once you do that you have to worry about the freezing issue. So Im going to save 30 bucks and buy 2009 back used at gamestop for 30 bucks and have fun this year rebuilding the Pittsburgh Pirates my way.

Anyone else doing this or am I crazy for not buying 2010
Unfortunately my 09 copy is on PS2, not 3 like my '10 copy. As a strictly franchise player liek yourself I'm kicking myself for buying this game the first day and not waiting to see if there were issues with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #582
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30

It doesn't work like that

If a game is released a month later it's still going to have these problems because all the millions of different gameplay situations

Unlike a traditional game where everything is planned for a sports game can literally have millions of variations that can be tested but not the the extent that we put it through. That's why whenever they ask for bugs they ask how to recreate the situation
Old 03-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #583
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy

If a game is released a month later it's still going to have these problems because all the millions of different gameplay situations

Unlike a traditional game where everything is planned for a sports game can literally have millions of variations that can be tested but not the the extent that we put it through. That's why whenever they ask for bugs they ask how to recreate the situation
Buzz, wrong answer. If it is released a month later then the 2K series has a month long jump on them.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #584
Rookie

Dreifort's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy

Most of the bugs/glitches are easily detected. Takes 2 secs to look at a player's potential or just a few mins to sim a season to see how it effects players. There are many aspects to MLB The Show series, which sets them apart... but 09 had far less bugs than 10.

Even if they rebuilt the game from the ground up for MLB 10...09 didn't have this many issues on it's first release.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »