Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #585
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
Buzz, wrong answer. If it is released a month later then the 2K series has a month long jump on them.
I don't see how waiting to April would change anything. Whether its released in Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, or whenever, its still going to be a year's development cycle.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #586
Rookie

Dreifort's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Buzz, wrong answer. If it is released a month later then the 2K series has a month long jump on them.
what pct of sales of MLB10 is based on new MLB The Show customers vs loyal MLB The Show series customers?

30-70? 30% of sales of MLB10 are new to the series, first time buyers? So you risk alienating the 70% to gain with the 30%?

doesn't seem like a good business strategy. MAG wasn't rushed to the streets to beat MW2, neither was BC2...both are strong games and stealing players from MW2.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #587
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort
what pct of sales of MLB10 is based on new MLB The Show customers vs loyal MLB The Show series customers?

30-70? 30% of sales of MLB10 are new to the series, first time buyers? So you risk alienating the 70% to gain with the 30%?

doesn't seem like a good business strategy. MAG wasn't rushed to the streets to beat MW2, neither was BC2...both are strong games and stealing players from MW2.
Comparing MAG and other games are completely different than sports games guy, and I seriously doubt 70% of people who buy the show would wait a month to play a new baseball game just because its the show. The sports games are almost identical, the show is widely considered better, but giving one a month jump start to the competition would be a death blow.

Do you really think they are always released on the EXACT same day as each other is a coincidence?

Last edited by KingSeyton; 03-07-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #588
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Comparing MAG and other games are completely different than sports games guy, and I seriously doubt 70% of people who buy the show would wait a month to play a new baseball game just because its the show. The sports games are almost identical, the show is widely considered better, but giving one a month jump start to the competition would be a death blow.
I don't know......I'm amazed at how many people shelled out $300+ just to play the Show. I don't know that waiting a month would matter all that much. Worse case scenerio..people would buy 2k to get their baseball fix, and then pick up the Show when it became available.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #589
MVP

What time is the roster update coming ? Do they have a set time for it
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #590
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
What time is the roster update coming ? Do they have a set time for it
SCEA doesn't have a set time that I know of, but its typically available around Noon EST.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #591
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't know......I'm amazed at how many people shelled out $300+ just to play the Show. I don't know that waiting a month would matter all that much. Worse case scenerio..people would buy 2k to get their baseball fix, and then pick up the Show when it became available.
again, they (and all competing sports franchises) aren't released on the exact same day for no reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #592
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
again, they (and all competing sports franchises) aren't released on the exact same day for no reason.
I didn't say there wasn't a reason in the minds of the developers to release the game on the same day.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »