Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #545
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy
I have an idea

How about someone here (that know what's they doing) makes a new thread in how to work around the franchise problem by controlling all the teams and still have the CPU trade with itself? Step by step in great detail.

Then whatever Mod works this area could sticky/pin it in place at the top of the forum and Monday when everyone gets their potential meters done people could start their franchises.

I see no drawback at all to overseeing everything because if you want to interfere you can and if you don't you don't

This is a great thread but it's got too much of "This game made me blind in my left eye so the developers are bad people" in it and frankly it's getting everything off track, I'd rather see this thread used in helping to a solution rather then crying. This is a great "what do we do" thread but it's hard to be of help to someone because of the fighting and complaining.

Also no, I can't make the thread because there's already at least 2 people that have this down pat and I'd rather they do this.

So good idea? Everyone loves it?

That's a good idea, but honestly there's not a whole lot of detail involved. It's a pretty simple fix. Control all 30 teams, play with 1. Set Trades to MANUAL, and its fixed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #546
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

But then there are NO trades
Old 03-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #547
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremvp1

with that said, does anybody know if a patch is even coming?
Why do people keep asking this? THIS THREAD WAS CREATED BY SCEA and details what fixes they have already found. Of course there is going to be another patch - why else would Russel bring all these things to our attention.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #548
Pro

OVR: 10

The more I read this thread, the more I confuse myself

Now im all geared up to start my franchise tomorrow with the new roster set... and I am happy that there are workarounds, nothing like putting in a bit of work to get the most out of something that will give me months of enjoyment

So im after the settings that will help me the most, correct me if im wrong:

My profile to the team I am playing with.
No Profile setting into all other 29 teams.

Trades set to Manual for my Profile (along with anything else I want set to Manual)

Trades set to Manual for Global settings, but everything else set to AUTO.

Now with the last part, does that mean the CPU will propose a trade between say Boston and Chicago, but I then 'approve' it or not.... (thats the setting Knight mentioned at some point way back in the thread).. this is what I want. I want the CPU to propose trades, but for me to say... yes you can or no you cant (if its silly). But at the same time I want the CPU to do its lineups, injuries and all that fluff.

So if thats what I want, are the settings I proposed the correct ones, cheers
Old 03-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #549
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76
Why? He is right. It is ridiculous to buy a broken game, only to have the developers go on vacation as soon as they have your money and get no guarantee or any idea if or when all of this stuff will be fixed. It is really bad business. You should not have to do all of these work arounds to play.
I agree that you shouldn't have to do work-arounds to play.

HOWEVER to say that the devs are on vacation as soon as the game was launched is not true. They are working on the fixes as fast as they can.

But believe what you will. I have a feeling people here will call bull**** on whatever I type anyways...

Twitch Stream
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #550
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Why? He is right. It is ridiculous to buy a broken game, only to have the developers go on vacation as soon as they have your money and get no guarantee or any idea if or when all of this stuff will be fixed. It is really bad business. You should not have to do all of these work arounds to play.
Go on vacation? Did you read the very first post of this thread or skip to the end? Guys - let's just all hold hands and hug it out or something. It's gonna get fixed - it's gonna be alright.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #551
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This stuff will be fixed...that is why this thread was started, Kolbe was letting people know what plans of action they were taking to fix these issues.

And while one shouldn't have to do all these workarounds...it could be worse. You could not have any workarounds to use to avoid these issues and play franchise while you wait for the patch.

Exactly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #552
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
You sir have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. No developer comes close the SCEA as far as support. Well the Show crew anyways...
They also have lives so maybe you should understand
1: No game in history has been releases without issues and
2: It's a VIDEO GAME and SCEA will fix issues, period. They work looong and hard and miss tons of time with their families to bring this game to you. Don't like it then trade it in and move on and skip next years version.
To say these guys take your money and go on vacation right after is idiotic. They've been here damn near every day since release getting feedback etc... Try actually knowing what you are talking about before you post something likie that again.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »