Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #521
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
This is a joke right? The work arounds consist of the following things:

Either you have no trades at all or you have to approve EVERY SINGLE TRADE.

Either you sim the drafts or you draft for EVERY SINGLE TEAM in both the rule 5 or the amatuer draft.

You have 2 choices, either you run a ghetto franchise with no trades and simmed drafts (dumbest idea ever for a franchise) or you put in a whole lot of work approving EVERY trade and drafting EVERY player. Get real man.
DUDE you can turn CPU roster control on and none of these will be an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #522
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
That's the beauty of 30 team control. That is why it's called 30 team control. I know some people may hate this or disagree with it, but that is one of the purposes of 30 team control. EVERYTHING is in your hands. You should just wait until the roster update tomorrow cause i'm pretty sure it will fix some of the franchise issues with trading superstar player.
That's not entirely true. There is options that will allow you to set certain things to cpu control. Now what I think is happening is things are not being done as they are supposed to. Like when trades are set to manual, the cpu is still trading. When lineup, roster, management is set to auto the cpu should do that.

Don't get me wrong this is the best playing game to date. And when these issues are fixed it will be a great game. I am just pointing out things that we all need to look for work arounds to.

For what its worth 2nd season on, players and star level of players on trade waivers is very accurate. 2nd season only star I saw on trade waivers was A. Gonzalez.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #523

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:

Either you sim the drafts or you draft for EVERY SINGLE TEAM in both the rule 5 or the amatuer draft.

You have 2 choices, either you run a ghetto franchise with no trades and simmed drafts (dumbest idea ever for a franchise) or you put in a whole lot of work approving EVERY trade and drafting EVERY player. Get real man.
Arent you at the point now where you either need to understand the issues with the game and enjoy it for what it is currently or sell the game? Out of your 71 total posts here I get the feeling that atleast half of those are complaints about the same thing over and over again. The Show isnt perfect, there are work arounds that will solve a majority of the issues, this work around isnt ideal and therefore isnt for everyone. You could play something else, wait until Monday and see how the game reacts once the new roster update is loaded or you can continue to complain about the same things here but it hardly seems beneficial to do the later. Im not trying to be an *** but at some point youve gotta make the decision on whether to keep the game or not and repeating yourself here isnt going to do any good.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #524
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
DUDE you can turn CPU roster control on and none of these will be an issue.
You turn CPU control on and the CPU trades your players right?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #525
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Arent you at the point now where you either need to understand the issues with the game and enjoy it for what it is currently or sell the game? Out of your 71 total posts here I get the feeling that atleast half of those are complaints about the same thing over and over again. The Show isnt perfect, there are work arounds that will solve a majority of the issues, this work around isnt ideal and therefore isnt for everyone. You could play something else, wait until Monday and see how the game reacts once the new roster update is loaded or you can continue to complain about the same things here but it hardly seems beneficial to do the later. Im not trying to be an *** but at some point youve gotta make the decision on whether to keep the game or not and repeating yourself here isnt going to do any good.
I answered someone else's question dude, get over yourself. and there are 53 pages discussing these issues, obviously im not alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #526
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Ok I was loving 30 team control until I did this. When you go into any draft (Amateur or rule 5) YOU MUST PICK for every team! I have auto set for everything for the cpu.

So only work around I see is simming drafts. Not good.

Ya, it sucks but not a whole lot you can do about it. I will prolly just sim the draft, and do the Rule 5 thing manually...btw, I never saw the sim stop to tell me about a rule 5 draft??? When and how does this happen??

Quote:

The game is great but the franchise (cough, my favorite part of all sports games, cough) is bricked right now. The fix hopefuly comes quickly.

Yes, it has its flaws but it is what it is man. If you really can't deal with how it is right now then take the $20 hit and trade ur game in for the arcadey 2k10. Or just buy 09 and play it
Old 03-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #527

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
I answered someone else's question dude, get over yourself. and there are 53 pages discussing these issues, obviously im not alone.
Get over myself? At what point did I attempt to make myself seem "holier than thou"? Continue on crying then, Im sure it will make a huge difference in the overall scheme of things.

EDIT- For the record, Im not thrilled with the work around either as I dont want to have to police lineups as much as I would have too but if youve played The Show before this year then you know this has always been a problem and, quite honestly, at some point you almost expect it to continue and become immune to it. Is it a perfect game? Of course not, but if my biggest issue ends up being screwy lineups then I can deal with it as Ive had to deal with it for years now.

Last edited by The Chef; 03-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #528
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Ya, it sucks but not a whole lot you can do about it. I will prolly just sim the draft, and do the Rule 5 thing manually...btw, I never saw the sim stop to tell me about a rule 5 draft??? When and how does this happen??
Offseason in Jan.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »