Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #497
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

I can't do the 30 team roster control just to stop trading. Its too much of a hassle, and it makes drafting impossible because you have to pick for all 30 teams.

My best solution was just to put trades on auto in my profile. Because for some reason when you have trades to manual, the game doesn't give you a notification that a trade was made. On auto, you get a notification that a trade was made when your on your calendar. So I can just reload my old save, and make sure that trade doesn't happen.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #498
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I just wanted to post ALL Franchise settings in order to get it to work properly, meaning the CPU won't trade for you basically...

First as Knight has been saying(props to him!) Control all 30 teams, 1 team you will be playing with under YOUR profile name, i.e "John" Then for the other 29 teams, leave it set as "No Profile"

Global Settings(29 teams)-If setting not mentioned, then it's setting is AUTO or personal preference

Injuries-On/Off(Doesn't matter what you choose, however the cpu will NOT move players up and down the minors due to performance, so if it's OFF you will see no movement automatically. But that's another reason to control all 30 teams, so you can do it for them fairly easily and quickly based off the emails you receive the 1st of each month.)

Trades-MANUAL(If it's set to AUTO, then the cpu will trade for your team reagrdless if you have trades set to manual or not for your team. Unless you don't care for this to happen, Manual is where it has to be set.)

Profile:"John"(1 team your playing with)

If setting not mentioned it's totally a personal preference thing, does not effect anything with the trading glitch)

Trades-MANUAL

And that's pretty much it! Fairly simple, only thing Im concerned about now is how teams go about signing FAs in the offseason. In seasons I have simmed the logic seemed pretty bad in who they signed, so may stick FA setting to manual, and contracts to manual, and decide for each team who to sign and who not to etc...Make it more realistic
Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #499
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I can't do the 30 team roster control just to stop trading. Its too much of a hassle, and it makes drafting impossible because you have to pick for all 30 teams.

My best solution was just to put trades on auto in my profile. Because for some reason when you have trades to manual, the game doesn't give you a notification that a trade was made. On auto, you get a notification that a trade was made when your on your calendar. So I can just reload my old save, and make sure that trade doesn't happen.

That's not a bad idea if you want to go about it that way. But just looking at the trades the CPU makes besides the ones they make for you, the logic behind them is downright horrid imo. I've seen Jose reyes trades, pujols traded, etc... In order for the cpu to trade amongst themselves however is to set the trades global setting to auto, cuz if you set it to manual, and ur profile to auto the cpu still won't trade at all.

As for the draft situation, I understand the problem there. Only thing you can do is simulate it, or play GM for every single team and draft for them. Kinda sucks, but it's the the worst thing that could happen. It's actually nice to have the option imo. I will prolly sim thru it tho and hope my team drafts some good ones. Regardless if I drafted or not, it's prolly a crapshoot on whether I get a really good player or not lol

Last edited by DarthRambo; 03-07-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 3

hey i read the first post with all the issues, but i have not gone through the entire 50 pages, but could anybody tell me if these issues makes franchise really that unplayable and if there are currently any fixes to this?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #501
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
That's not a bad idea if you want to go about it that way. But just looking at the trades the CPU makes besides the ones they make for you, the logic behind them is downright horrid imo. I've seen Jose reyes trades, pujols traded, etc... In order for the cpu to trade amongst themselves however is to set the trades global setting to auto, cuz if you set it to manual, and ur profile to auto the cpu still won't trade at all.

As for the draft situation, I understand the problem there. Only thing you can do is simulate it, or play GM for every single team and draft for them. Kinda sucks, but it's the the worst thing that could happen. It's actually nice to have the option imo. I will prolly sim thru it tho and hope my team drafts some good ones. Regardless if I drafted or not, it's prolly a crapshoot on whether I get a really good player or not lol
The reason you see superstars traded so much is because of the potential ratings out of whack. Most of the superstars have C or even F potential rating, and potential rating is the most important thing to trade value in the game.

I use the Mets in my franchise and tried to trade Reyes for a double A prospect with a A potential rating and the computer had 0 interest even though Reyes overall rating was much higher, but right now his potential rating is F.
The roster update will fix that problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #502
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I use delayed trades and I am curious if the interest meter works. reason I ask is that I have never seen a trade accepted unless it is completely filled. If it does not fill it is a guarantee no. The only thing I can think of is this year you can't tell when you hit that magic spot just over 50%. I am going to test that and with instant trades.

Anyone see anything on how it works this year?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #503
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioRodriguez13
hey i read the first post with all the issues, but i have not gone through the entire 50 pages, but could anybody tell me if these issues makes franchise really that unplayable and if there are currently any fixes to this?
Yes they make it unplayable.

Yes their are workarounds, but they are pain staking and will take A LOT of your time and completely change the way the franchise should work. In my eyes they are not worth doing.

I am playing online games until they come out with a patch to fix the big issues on the first page, if they do not fix them or if it takes more than a couple more weeks the game goes back.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #504
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
The reason you see superstars traded so much is because of the potential ratings out of whack. Most of the superstars have C or even F potential rating, and potential rating is the most important thing to trade value in the game.

I use the Mets in my franchise and tried to trade Reyes for a double A prospect with a A potential rating and the computer had 0 interest even though Reyes overall rating was much higher, but right now his potential rating is F.
The roster update will fix that problem.

Ya I understand that. But I think a big problem to is they always trade big name players that have only 1 year left on their contract. Like a Jose Reyes, or an Albert Pujols even. For example, here is a trade offer I just seen, Brewers were offering...

Brewers Trade: SP Ignacio Heredia(A potential, 3yrs/1.18mil), RP Cletus Lawson(A potential, 2yrs/790k)

Reds Trade: SP Bronson Arroyo(B potential, 1yr/7.87mil), 2B Aaron Miles(C potential, 1yr/610k), RF Jonny Gomes(B potential, 1yr/3.38mil)

So you can see with that trade, IMO it's not ONLY because of low potential, since arroyo and gomes has b potential, and miles had a C. The thing they have in common is they have only 1yr left in their contract, which I don't think will be cured in the roster update. I still think you will see silly trades due to players in last year of contract, because the minor league players are still going to be A potential, which is good trading bait.

The biggest problem I see with this trade is 3 things:

1.) It's June 9th! So way too early to trade your SP, RF, and 2baseman!

2.) Reds are only 1 game back of first place in the Central division! While the Brewers are 5.5gms back! This is my biggest gripe of them all. It seems like the cpu as no awareness of the division standings when offering a trade. The Brewers, ok I can understand offering. But if trades were on AUTO the reds would've traded!

3.) It's not the only time you see this bologne!

I do think fixing player potential will fix some of the problem, but definately won't fix it completely. I mean think about it, do you really think those potential ratings for those reds players are bad?? I think they sound pretty realistic imo.

Let's say Arroyos, Gomes, and Miles ALL had A potential...IMO I still think this trade would've been offered because it would've been a good trade for the brewers. And if trades are on AUTO, the reds would've accepted, because it appears the cpu will NEVER reject a trade on their own. So, while yes, player potential is a problem, and causes some of the problem with the trades.

I honestly think the cpu sees a 1yr contract, and not being aware of divisonal standings is 90% of the problem, which IMO won't be fixed in a roster update. Maybe a patch could, but not sure if they can patch something like that or not.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »