Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #465
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Thats correct chef... but turn cpu roster control off then back onn first that way the cpu won't trade for you even if u have it on manual. The reason why u would have to move players up and down manually is because the cpu wont do it based on performance, only will due to injuries. They will however do callups in sept. 7th, so u can leave roster moves on auto for global settings.

You can set auto for roster moves for ur controlled team, which i do for when my us u can still manually do it minor league players get injured. And since they dont move up and down due to performance, setting on auto is ok. Plus u can do it urself still anyway so setting it on auto is what i prefer personally. I'll post all settings i will have later when i am at the game for you to look over and i can explain each setting in better detail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #466
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Thats correct chef... but turn cpu roster control off then back onn first that way the cpu won't trade for you even if u have it on manual. The reason why u would have to move players up and down manually is because the cpu wont do it based on performance, only will due to injuries. They will however do callups in sept. 7th, so u can leave roster moves on auto for global settings.

You can set auto for roster moves for ur controlled team, which i do for when my us u can still manually do it minor league players get injured. And since they dont move up and down due to performance, setting on auto is ok. Plus u can do it urself still anyway so setting it on auto is what i prefer personally. I'll post all settings i will have later when i am at the game for you to look over and i can explain each setting in better detail.
Trinity....
What you are really doing with this is glitching the game into CPU ROSTER CONTROL ON.
If you use 30 team control set trades to manual...the CPU won't trade for you....or won't trade with itself. It will offer trades, but none will get done without you approving.
You can still set the global to however you like.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #467
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach

Workaround #3

- Control one team with the default user profile.
- Make sure all other teams have NO PROFILE selected.
- Under GLOBAL options, make sure all settings are set to AUTO EXCEPT FOR TRADES...those should be set to manual.
- Players are placed on the trading block, and no CPU-induced trades happen for the user team.
Hmm, i will admit im a moron so that everyone can avoid pointing it out to me before i ask this question.

With this work around will the CPU teams still trade with eachother and place players on wavier?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 03-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #468
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I understand what ur saying and i know that. I just rather have no trades at all then cpu performing horrible bad logic trades, and on top of that, they trade for me without me knowing. Just my personal preference to set it to no trades and let free agency be the only way players switch teams.

Question though...If i do the glitch of cpu roster control ON, which i will doo so my players arent traded for me by cpu. If i set cpu trades to auto, will that allow them to trade? I havent tried that yet so just curious...
Old 03-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #469
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I understand what ur saying and i know that. I just rather have no trades at all then cpu performing horrible bad logic trades, and on top of that, they trade for me without me knowing. Just my personal preference to set it to no trades and let free agency be the only way players switch teams.

Question though...If i do the glitch of cpu roster control ON, which i will doo so my players arent traded for me by cpu. If i set cpu trades to auto, will that allow them to trade? I havent tried that yet so just curious...
Yes...
What I'm try to tell you though is not to limit yourself to CPU Roster Control.
You can achieve exactly what you want with putting trades to MANUAL for everything.
You won't see any trades happen(UNLESS you allow them) AND the CPU will still make it's own roster moves with injuries(if you want them).
I'm just saying this so people will realize that they can achieve exactly what your doing ...with the 30 team control instead(which you can change on the fly to your liking) of CPU ROSTER CONTROL(which locks you in)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #470
Rookie

OVR: 2

Once these workarounds are incorportated into our franchises do you think they will crash or freeze when the actual patch comes out?
Old 03-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #471
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercenaries-fan
Once these workarounds are incorportated into our franchises do you think they will crash or freeze when the actual patch comes out?
I plan on using one of them once the roster update comes out. Then i will probably just start a new chise again once the patch comes out. I am thinking mid to end of april. Till then its RTTS!
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #472
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Just curious, anybody else test season mode?

I did three tests (one in franchise mode, two in season mode), simming on a month-by-month basis until the trade deadline. I controlled just one team in each case and turned injuries off (personal preference) in all three tests. Each time, the cpu made roster moves (including trades) for its teams. It left my teams alone both times in season mode, but did make a trade for me in franchise mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »