Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #449
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

no knight of ALL my players i had thorough reports on i had ONE actually in the draft. i dont think thats "laying" anything out for me LOL . so the ENTIRE draft was a crap shoot.

and retiring bc of dislocated ankle is hardly realistic.

thanx trinity. found it now. that was driving me crazy!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #450
Pro

another minor annoyance is the "40 man" laid out. there technically isnt one. you just get a master sheet saying yes or no on the 40 man. do i have to manually count to know EXACTLY how many guys i have on the 40 man!?! this is a nusance when rule v comes around. it also does not tell you who is even eligible for the rule v, who you may want to protect by putting on the 40 man or am i missing this somewhere?

also why did the cpu trade bug, not do any trades for me?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #451
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Dang, this was my biggest problem with 09 and was the one fix I was really hoping for. With the game still in plastic and seeing all of the craziness with this game, this one is likely going back. I'm going to wait and see what the new roster does to transactions being handled, if anything, but I just don't see how this game is better than 09.

What is making this game better than last year's game?
id keep that bad boy in plastic. honestly only thing im liking better is the new camera angle, and hit variety. oh the new email section is very nice. other than that its a broken 09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #452
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Of course he's not seeing movement....he's using a glitch that basically turns CPU ROSTER CONTROL on.
Guys certainly do get called up and sent down.
They get released and FA signed..
They get sent down for performance and called up for that this year.

M.K.
Knight165
Oh, excellent news then!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #453
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Of course he's not seeing movement....he's using a glitch that basically turns CPU ROSTER CONTROL on.
Guys certainly do get called up and sent down.
They get released and FA signed..
They get sent down for performance and called up for that this year.

M.K.
Knight165

I wouldn't say that is entirely correct... Yes, guys get released and FAs will be there etc.. But with player movement, this is exactly what I am seeing:

With injuries OFF(just testing purposes): There is NO player movement whatsoever! Meaning IMO, the ai will NOT move players on their own due to performance. The only movement is on april 5th, or the 7th when season starts(and its the same players everytime i believe).

With injuries ON: The player movement was there and in abundance! But ONLY because of injuries to minor league players, not because of their performance on the field.

Now, there is an option you can do to go about working around it. I personally will be playing with Injuries ON more than likely(but seriously thinking about turning them OFF too, ur decision).

And I noticed at the 1st of EVERY month starting May 1st each team gets emails concerning "struggling AA or AAA player" from the previous month. Also emails about a few players that did really well.

What I'm going to do and I suggest is control all 30 teams, and each month move those FEW(not 20, so its not alot of work) up or down depending on the email. It sounds like a pain, but it really won't take long at all to do honestly. And if you have lineup/rotation set to auto you don't have to set that after u move players around.

I would actually prolly turn player movement to manual on the settings on the day you do that and leave it there for the next day just in case the cpu decides to move them back on their own. Then switch it back to auto so they can move them around for injuries, if u have injuries turned ON. If you set injuries to OFF, then I would just set player movement to manual until September 2nd(after you manually move the FEW players), then switch it to auto that way on September 7th the cpu can do their "september call-ups" which most teams will do.

I know its alot, and sounds confusing maybe, but this is what I've found everytime I sim a season in franchise. Its going to be a great franchise IMO, can't wait to start mine!
Old 03-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #454
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghomer
another minor annoyance is the "40 man" laid out. there technically isnt one. you just get a master sheet saying yes or no on the 40 man. do i have to manually count to know EXACTLY how many guys i have on the 40 man!?! this is a nusance when rule v comes around. it also does not tell you who is even eligible for the rule v, who you may want to protect by putting on the 40 man or am i missing this somewhere?

also why did the cpu trade bug, not do any trades for me?
There is a 40 man roster screen that lists everyone who is on your 40 man roster
Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #455
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
There is a 40 man roster screen that lists everyone who is on your 40 man roster
It also tells you on the players...player card if he is Rule V eligible or not.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #456
Pro

sweet.. that helps alot.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »