Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #65
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
really appreciating all the quick support from the developers. thanks again guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubunko
SCEA can only use whatever jerseys/accessories are in the official MLB Style Guide. The Guide is hideously out of date for any number of reasons. It is up to the teams to make sure the Guide is updated. SCEA has no control over it, they just have to follow it.
How is it that 2k and the Show offer different accesories and jersey combinations then? Sounds like an excuse to me.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

My user settings don't work. When I check them before I start a game, they are the way I want them. But during a game, they reset back to default - so every game, I have to re do all of my Gameplay settings.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for this guys... Truly amazing to see the developers working on the game just hours after release!

Thanks again!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 AM   #69
Rookie

I started a franchise with the Tigers and was in year two when the franchise wouldn't let me simulate past June 23. I tried everything and it wouldn't go past that. If it is bad media, what do I do about that? I'm not sure I quite understand what is meant by that - is it my ps3 or the disk?

And I also ran into a glitch in an exhibition online, and on an error by the pitcher, I wasn't allowed to advance. I kept pressing advance but the game acted as if it was after the play and no one could move. I think this was a one time thing but the franchise stopping is really annoying.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnTea
As far as my understanding goes, no runs can score until every force out possibility is exhausted. Since the play at first was a force out, and it ended the inning, the runner should not be able to score. If I had tagged at first and tried to run to 2nd and been tagged out after the runner had crossed the plate, then the run would count.
The more I thought about it I think your right. It should not of counted being a force out. Sorry about that still in basketball mode,LOL
Old 03-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnTea
As far as my understanding goes, no runs can score until every force out possibility is exhausted. Since the play at first was a force out, and it ended the inning, the runner should not be able to score. If I had tagged at first and tried to run to 2nd and been tagged out after the runner had crossed the plate, then the run would count.
The run counts since it is not a FORCE PLAY. It is considered a TIME PLAY. See the top pf page 5 at the following website:

mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2008/official_rules/02_definition_of_terms.pdf

"A FORCE PLAY is a play in which a runner legally loses his right to occupy a base by reason of the batter becoming a runner.

Rule 2.00 (Force Play)

Comment: Confusion regarding this play is removed by remembering that frequently the “force” situation is removed during the play.

Example: Man on first, one out, ball hit sharply to first baseman who touches the bag and batter-runner is out. The force is removed at that moment and runner advancing to second must be tagged. If there had been a runner on third or second,
and either of these runners scored before the tag-out at second, the run counts. Had the first baseman thrown to second and the ball then had been returned to first, the play at second was a force out, making two outs, and the return throw to first ahead of the runner would have made three outs. In that case, no
run would score.

Example: Not a force out. One out. Runner on first and third. Batter flies out. Two out. Runner on third tags up and scores. Runner on first tries to retouch before throw from fielder reaches first baseman, but does not get back in time and is out. Three outs. If, in umpire’s judgment, the runner from third touched home before the ball was held at first base, the run counts."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 AM   #72
Rookie

Found 4 issues when playing my first game with the Detroit Tigers in Spring Training:

1) Cabrera struck out first at bat. The pitch was in the dirt so catcher threw to 1st. He over threw him and the ball went into RF. The computer AI never went after it to get it so I ran all the way home to score a run.

2) Damon hit a HR in the middle of the game. It was the only HR for either team. When Damon was up in his last at bat, a message was at the top stating that Larish hit a HR his last at bat rather then Damon. Very strange. I think Larish was a double switch replacement who was batting 9 in front of Damon who was batting 1. Weird.

3) When pinch hitting, I selected the hitter to enter the game. The game returned back to the batter/pitcher game screen to continue the game as expected. However, the left side of the pinch hitter menu did not go away. It was in the way of my hitter that I now couldn't see. I just paused the game with START and resumed it and it went away ok. This happened every time I pinch hit. Looks like a bug on how the screen goes away when you go back to play the game. Feel free to contact me and I can explain further if needed.

4) Strangely enough... Scott Sizemore and Austin Jackson were not on the Tiger's roster at all. They have been slotted to be the starting CF and 2B for the Tigers this year. I find it strange that they are not even included in the game at all. This needs to be resolved ASAP in the next roster update. I cannot start a Franchise until they are there and the bad potential ratings have been resolved.

Thanks for your time, and let me know if you need any further explanation. I would be glad to help. I BETA test quite a few games. Thanks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »