Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #433

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
I still feel the best workaround is controlling all 30 teams with 2 different profiles. At least that way there is still movement in the league. This way I feel like I'm playing a stagnant season no call ups/ trades hardly at all.
Just to clarify, the method that Knight was talking about yesterday and the method you mentioned above is different then the newest work around involving turning roster control on and then off again correct? I dont see what the benefit is to doing this new work around instead of the other one as it seems like you have more control and customization options using the method Knight mentioned (1 user profile, rest set to no profile, global settings altered the way you want). I notice you mention 2 profiles, one for your team and one for the rest of the league, is that necessary or can you just leave the rest of the league as no profile and use the global settings to determine what happens?
Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #434
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I think this may be beneficial to folks who are late to the workaround game...

Workaround #1:

- Control your desired team with your own personal profile.
- Create another profile (called whatever you want).
- Select all other MLB teams with the second profile.
- Make sure the second profile has all settings set to AUTO.
- This way, the user works as an overlord and can stop silly transactions before they happen.

Workaround #2:

- Control only one user team with your default profile.
- Change the option CPU ROSTER CONTROL to ON and then back to OFF.
- Trades seem not to happen at all, including CPU-induced trades the user did not approve.

Workaround #3

- Control one team with the default user profile.
- Make sure all other teams have NO PROFILE selected.
- Under GLOBAL options, make sure all settings are set to AUTO EXCEPT FOR TRADES...those should be set to manual.
- Players are placed on the trading block, and no CPU-induced trades happen for the user team.

I think these are the main ones, and I just summarized them up the best I could using my memory. If they are incorrect, feel free to let me know...I can edit them.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 03-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #435
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

The one thing I noticed however is...the CPU does not move players up and down the minors due to performance. ONLY due to injuries. At least its thay way until September 7th, when some but not all call up minors to the majors. HOWEVER, if you control all 30 teams i noticed on August 1st you get emails about some minor league players.

It gives u a few players doing well and bad. You could just use that to manually bring up guys and put certain guys in minors if not doing good, especially if team is way out of a pennant race. This is all Im going to do personally. Just an idea though!

The only thing Im not sure what to do about is FAs. Too many unrealistic signings imo, any ideas how to go about this? With still seeing a good number of FAs go to different teams????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just to clarify, does this whole cpu trading your players away thing only happen when you sim most of the time?...Does it happen when you play almost every game? I play one then sportcast one and so on....sorry if this has been asked....
Old 03-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #437
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Wow you are so quick to repond. I appreciate it!!!!
Though, one thing that keeps bothering me is why every single rookie players produced by CPU has no gears at all?
NO gloves, no sunglasses, no shin guard.. nothing.
Can you do something about it? Thank u so much!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #438
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
The one thing I noticed however is...the CPU does not move players up and down the minors due to performance. ONLY due to injuries. At least its thay way until September 7th, when some but not all call up minors to the majors. HOWEVER, if you control all 30 teams i noticed on August 1st you get emails about some minor league players.

It gives u a few players doing well and bad. You could just use that to manually bring up guys and put certain guys in minors if not doing good, especially if team is way out of a pennant race. This is all Im going to do personally. Just an idea though!

The only thing Im not sure what to do about is FAs. Too many unrealistic signings imo, any ideas how to go about this? With still seeing a good number of FAs go to different teams????
Dang, this was my biggest problem with 09 and was the one fix I was really hoping for. With the game still in plastic and seeing all of the craziness with this game, this one is likely going back. I'm going to wait and see what the new roster does to transactions being handled, if anything, but I just don't see how this game is better than 09.

What is making this game better than last year's game?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #439
MVP

OVR: 11

Has anyone actually seen a player drop potential? I'm still seing 38 yr olds with A potential
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #440
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Dang, this was my biggest problem with 09 and was the one fix I was really hoping for. With the game still in plastic and seeing all of the craziness with this game, this one is likely going back. I'm going to wait and see what the new roster does to transactions being handled, if anything, but I just don't see how this game is better than 09.

What is making this game better than last year's game?

Of course he's not seeing movement....he's using a glitch that basically turns CPU ROSTER CONTROL on.
Guys certainly do get called up and sent down.
They get released and FA signed..
They get sent down for performance and called up for that this year.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »