Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #337
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Can somone confirm whether or not AI teams call players up because of performance and NOT just injuries?

Was there a fix yet for the multiple closers not being on a MLB roster?

Sounds like a while before a waiver fix...how are people dealing with this to start a franchise without having to wait 1-2 months to do so? I've read some of this thread but not all of it and am wondering what people are doing to combat some of the wackiness.

Last question, do the quirky franchise transactions affect RTTS at all?

Looking for confirmation on these issues before buying tonight after work! Thank you fellow MLB Show'ers!

i'd like to know this as well, Mike.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 5

If your game has crashed at Tropicana Field were you using the default rosters or the roster update?
Old 03-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #339
Banned

OVR: 12

When is the 2nd patch going to come out?
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #340
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
When is the 2nd patch going to come out?
No one knows yet. Maybe a week, a month or 2.

Boggles the mind how all these problems were not caught & released on the final version. Someone has some explaining to do...

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #341
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngn791
If your game has crashed at Tropicana Field were you using the default rosters or the roster update?
I was using the roster update both times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #342
Banned

OVR: 3

Anyone else having issues where the cpu controlled teams in franchise are using lineups that are not realistic at all. For example the Tigers have Damon batting clean up, the White Sox are using their backup catcher (Castro) as their DH and have Gordon Beckham hitting 8th, the Cardinals have Holliday hitting second, and I've seen the Dodgers have Matt Kemp leading off and Furcal hitting 5th or 6th, Also the Cubs have Derrick Lee hitting second, the Red Sox have Youkulis hitting second, and the Indians have Peralta or Choo leading off with Sizemore hitting third. Anyone know a fix to this ?

I've tried controlling all the teams, which works, but then no trades ever get accepted or proposed unless you do them since you're controlling all 30 teams. It also takes forever to go through all the injury tweaks for each team when a guy gets injured for a day or two, or on the DL. There has to be some middle ground here I hope where you can play a franchise, not have to control the roster of every team, but also not have the CPU make unrealistic lineup changes either. Maybe something to control the lineups, rotations and rosters of the CPU teams, but still letting them accept or propose trades and manage their own budgets etc
Old 03-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #343
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss4481
Anyone else having issues where the cpu controlled teams in franchise are using lineups that are not realistic at all. For example the Tigers have Damon batting clean up, the White Sox are using their backup catcher (Castro) as their DH and have Gordon Beckham hitting 8th, the Cardinals have Holliday hitting second, and I've seen the Dodgers have Matt Kemp leading off and Furcal hitting 5th or 6th, Also the Cubs have Derrick Lee hitting second, the Red Sox have Youkulis hitting second, and the Indians have Peralta or Choo leading off with Sizemore hitting third. Anyone know a fix to this ?

I've tried controlling all the teams, which works, but then no trades ever get accepted or proposed unless you do them since you're controlling all 30 teams. It also takes forever to go through all the injury tweaks for each team when a guy gets injured for a day or two, or on the DL. There has to be some middle ground here I hope where you can play a franchise, not have to control the roster of every team, but also not have the CPU make unrealistic lineup changes either. Maybe something to control the lineups, rotations and rosters of the CPU teams, but still letting them accept or propose trades and manage their own budgets etc
This is what I was asking earlier. Controlling all 30 teams extinguishes every bug 'cept for this one. You still see some crazy lineups ... About the only solution would be to adjust the lineups before you play each team ...

Not a big deal, and would take only a minute. But still ...
Old 03-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #344
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
This is what I was asking earlier. Controlling all 30 teams extinguishes every bug 'cept for this one. You still see some crazy lineups ... About the only solution would be to adjust the lineups before you play each team ...

Not a big deal, and would take only a minute. But still ...
If you set LINEUPS/ROTATIONS to MANUAL....you set them and they will stay.
The CPU will still sub for fatigued players in game....

...and mss4481....controlling all 30 teams...you will still GET trade proposals..FOR EVERY TEAM....you just have to choose whether to accept them or not. The only thing that won't work is you proposing trades to the other teams(actually....I don't even know that won't work....gotta try it! )

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »