Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #305

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm still looking.
At first offer...I was so disappointed(unwarranted)...as I thought the offer was 2 players from DET to my Mets...they were two players from Seattle or somewhere...so I'm thinking that the trades were done "behind my back".....then I saw the team on top of the trade box and realized what was happening.....and it was a GOOD thing!
Can some other guys try this?....and post if anything is a downside to this.
So far to me...it looks like the best of both worlds...controlling trading for everyone...but STILL getting the CPU to offer trades.
Add this to possibly fixing some of the contracts and we could have a workable franchise to use right away.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, it almost seems too good to be true. So, let me make sure Im understanding correctly, but you have trading set to auto for everyone besides your own team using the "no profile" approach and yet the teams are still proposing trades but now all of them are up to you to either approve or deny? If thats the case then I almost hope they dont fix it as this would be perfect for what I want to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #306
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Yeah, it almost seems too good to be true. So, let me make sure Im understanding correctly, but you have trading set to auto for everyone besides your own team using the "no profile" approach and yet the teams are still proposing trades but now all of them are up to you to either approve or deny? If thats the case then I almost hope they dont fix it as this would be perfect for what I want to do.
No..

My team...METS...set to my METS profile(which is everything MANUAL)
Every other team set to NO PROFILE...which will then use the GLOBAL options(which you set after you see your goals screen)...there I have everything AUTO .....EXCEPT TRADES...that is set to MANUAL.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #307
Rookie

OVR: 2

Any word on when that patch is gonna be out, I wanna start my franchise lol
Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #308
Rookie

Dreifort's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, if I'm understanding this (the discussion has gotten significantly longer in the time it's taken me to go to the gym and cook dinner), taking control of all 30 teams and letting the other 29 do their thing for the most part works because you can go in and reverse anything you think is wack for the other teams.

Is that right?

It's obviously not ideal, but that's not so bad of a thing, imo. I can live with that.

Edit: Knight posted the answer while I was typing . . . nevermind. And thanks.

You paid $60 to live with a bug? lol.... I love this game but this release of MLB 10 is not on par with less popular titled games.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #309
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
I'm still looking.
At first offer...I was so disappointed(unwarranted)...as I thought the offer was 2 players from DET to my Mets...they were two players from Seattle or somewhere...so I'm thinking that the trades were done "behind my back".....then I saw the team on top of the trade box and realized what was happening.....and it was a GOOD thing!
Can some other guys try this?....and post if anything is a downside to this.
So far to me...it looks like the best of both worlds...controlling trading for everyone...but STILL getting the CPU to offer trades.
Add this to possibly fixing some of the contracts and we could have a workable franchise to use right away.

M.K.
Knight165
One downside is that if you want to do fantasy draft you have to pick for every team unless you know a way around that.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #310
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort
You paid $60 to live with a bug? lol.... I love this game but this release of MLB 10 is not on par with less popular titled games.
Agreed. This is like amateur hour with the fatal flaws that got through.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #311

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
No..

My team...METS...set to my METS profile(which is everything MANUAL)
Every other team set to NO PROFILE...which will then use the GLOBAL options(which you set after you see your goals screen)...there I have everything AUTO .....EXCEPT TRADES...that is set to MANUAL.

M.K.
Knight165
LOL, apologies, thats what I meant as obviously auto would defeat the purpose of the entire thing. The setup they are using with the multiple profiles and assigning them to different teams is really going unnoticed and it really is a big deal imo. Basically Im going to run a Dodgers franchise, select all 30 teams, have my Dodgers set with my profile and the rest set with no profile while changing the global settings to auto everything minus trades and we should be good. I understand that there are issues right now with the game and that these work arounds wont work for everyone but they really did make this game extremely customizable it appears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #312
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Even using AUTO FIX with INJURIES on....good to go!
Lost in all of this......I haven't seen it mentioned...but how great is it that they have players being signed off the FA list...and releasing players mid season?
I love to see movement in the league.
I might be able to get a nice test franchise going now!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »