Home

MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
No..they won't work in '10
There will be a couple of Classic rosters this year.

M.K.
Knight165

You are a good man my friend
Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 1

Casey McGehee (Milwaukee) should not be an F.

He hit .301 last year with 16 home runs and was in contention for Rookie of the Year.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 1

A for everyone on the Giants, including anyone I get through FA or trade. Everyone else gets an F. The Dodgers get a Z.

Sorry for the clutter, I couldn't help it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #172
Pro

OVR: 7

It seems like people are posting that all the players that are already currently stars should have A potential ratings. Is Dustin Pedroia still going to develop so much that he deserves an A rating? (I'm a Red Sox fan, I'm picking one of my own to show I'm not biased) Isn't potential grading the ability to improve their current skills?

Chances are, a guy like Albert Pujols has maxed out his potential at his age. Will he improve? Maybe. Could he decline? Maybe. Guys like that should have C potential, because there isn't that much room to grow.

Am I misunderstanding? Is saying a player has B potential just mean that the max he could reach as a player is having his rating bar filled 80-89%?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #173
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll believe there's going to be a fix to Player Potential when I hear it from Kevin Butler.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #174
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
It seems like people are posting that all the players that are already currently stars should have A potential ratings. Is Dustin Pedroia still going to develop so much that he deserves an A rating? (I'm a Red Sox fan, I'm picking one of my own to show I'm not biased) Isn't potential grading the ability to improve their current skills?

Chances are, a guy like Albert Pujols has maxed out his potential at his age. Will he improve? Maybe. Could he decline? Maybe. Guys like that should have C potential, because there isn't that much room to grow.

Am I misunderstanding? Is saying a player has B potential just mean that the max he could reach as a player is having his rating bar filled 80-89%?
Logically one would think that potential ratings in any game would be to show a players ceiling. However in this game, for some reason, they made it so potential affects the players staying power at the rating they start out with.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #175
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works
Logically one would think that potential ratings in any game would be to show a players ceiling. However in this game, for some reason, they made it so potential affects the players staying power at the rating they start out with.

Hope that helps.
Plus, it really affects how teams value their players. That's why when you sim/play through a season with the default rosters, the Twins are desperate to trade/release Joe Mauer, and the Red Sox place Jon Lester on the trading block immediately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #176
MVP

OVR: 8

Mark Melancon is one of the Yankees best prospects. His potential on TS10 is all D's. I'd say he is a least a B prospect and his velocity is 94-95.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »