Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #225
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
What about turning off trades until the patch is out? Unless you sim, you won't be that far into your season by late April/early May and not many trades happen early in the season anyways in real life.
I don't understand not simming in franchise mode, franchise mode is set up to play 20-30 seasons, not just the 1. I understand that franchise is better than season mode for one season because it is more in depth, but I don't think most people use it for that, they use it to do a bunch of seasons and draft their own players and things like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #226
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

yeah this years franchise mode has some serious flaws and may be a deal breaker for some. However, from following these boards the devs are working on a fix and we will get a patch in the near future. It sucks that it shipped with these flaws but there is nothing any of us can do about it now except try use the workarounds. Maybe for those of you who cant wait til the patch comes out, trade in the show and get 2k10
Old 03-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #227
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
yeah this years franchise mode has some serious flaws and may be a deal breaker for some. However, from following these boards the devs are working on a fix and we will get a patch in the near future. It sucks that it shipped with these flaws but there is nothing any of us can do about it now except try use the workarounds. Maybe for those of you who cant wait til the patch comes out, trade in the show and get 2k10
Unless we get a clear answer on when the trade bug will be fixed, or even a decent way to ghetto rig it that doesn't involve spending hours simming 1 day at a time and checking pending transactions every time, this may be what I have to do.

The potential ratings I was ok with because at some point in time in the franchise the current players will retire and be replaced with the guys you draft (who hopefully have better potential ratings), but if I'm drafting these guys and the computer is turning around and trading them then I don't know what the franchise mode is even good for.

that may not be a big deal for those of you who apparantly play one or two seasons in franchise mode, but there is a reason they make the franchise mode more than 1 or 2 seasons long.

Last edited by KingSeyton; 03-04-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #228
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
I'm not talking about playing every game, I'd play every game once I get 10-15 seasons into the franchise. if I was focused on the 1 season I would play season mode, not franchise. Having to sim 1 day at a time and checking the pending transactions every day for 10-15 seasons is rediculous.
its a workaround until the patch comes out. But it seems your mind is made up...so I'll stop with the workarounds.

And you won't get a definite answer on the patch for a few weeks at least in my opinion as they have to fix, test, and approve the patch before they give an ETA.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #229
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I was very happy that the developers were working on a fix so quickly. Something some developers would never dream of doing. I am waiting for the patch and hopefully it comes before opening day. I am feeling ripped off, and disappointed at the same time; they took something that was not broke, and broke it
Old 03-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #230
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
LOL, if you can't wait why not go back to MLB09 still would be better than the other option you mentioned. Funny stuff!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #231
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
its a workaround until the patch comes out. But it seems your mind is made up...so I'll stop with the workarounds.

And you won't get a definite answer on the patch for a few weeks at least in my opinion as they have to fix, test, and approve the patch before they give an ETA.
its not a reasonable workaround, lets think harder here and maybe we can come up with something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #232
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
its not a reasonable workaround, lets think harder here and maybe we can come up with something.
I don't think there is another one. The workarounds work, but are a pain to do. It's like having a leaking roof and having a bucket catching the drip, and you have to empty the bucket every hour so as to not have it overflow. There is no fix other than a patch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »