Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon4 Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Two things I have noticed and not sure if they are being addressed. I saw something saying a patch for the pitcher/batter windows, but nothing specific.

I have noticed in the pitcher/batter window that if there is a runner on base, it does not show the speed of the runner like it did last year. Instead it requires to push start to see the runner speed, requiring an extra step.

Another thing noticed with the pitcher/batter window is after closing it, the game does not display the pitch types to guess the pitch type. It does come up from the batter's perspective in the bottom right/left corner but sometimes does not come up on the first time pressing R2. Instead, I have had to press R2 2x really quick to bring up the pitch types, sometimes resulting in not allowing me to guess the pitch type in time before the windup.

Hopefully this will be read and addressed please. Thnx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #186
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Franchise mode is broken in regards to playing as the Orioles. I have played the first game of the season five times without getting past the 7th before freezing. I have simmed ahead and played a game, only to have it freeze in the 7th.

I tried a franchise with the Nats and played the first game. No issues. I played three exhibition games. No problem.

And I've exchanged my game for a new one. Same issues.

I'm in a very small minority here, but not being able to play as the Orioles in franchise mode completely ruins the game for me. I'm sad.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 2
Lightbulb Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTurtle
Franchise mode is broken in regards to playing as the Orioles. I have played the first game of the season five times without getting past the 7th before freezing. I have simmed ahead and played a game, only to have it freeze in the 7th.

I tried a franchise with the Nats and played the first game. No issues. I played three exhibition games. No problem.

I'm in a very small minority here, but not being able to play as the Orioles in franchise mode completely ruins the game for me. I'm sad.
Wow......O's fan here too........havent started my franchise yet I guess there goes that. That blows....
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #188
Rookie

JYakubowski's Arena

OVR: 1

Not going to lie, that bums me out a lot. I was going to go home after work and sim opening day, and start with the second game. There went that option. The O's are the only team I want to do a franchise with, so, guess I have to wait. Hopefully Sony will have a fix for this sooner, rather than later.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #189
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYakubowski
Not going to lie, that bums me out a lot. I was going to go home after work and sim opening day, and start with the second game. There went that option. The O's are the only team I want to do a franchise with, so, guess I have to wait. Hopefully Sony will have a fix for this sooner, rather than later.
I think it will get fixed. It just sucks to have to wait again after all the anticipation...

I'm also willing to just go ahead and play season mode as long as I can, you know, actually play.

Last edited by FearTheTurtle; 03-04-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYakubowski
I was going to wait till monday for that roster update.....hopefully there will be a fix/workaround before then....
Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #191
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTurtle

If you haven't already, make sure you post it in the bugs and glitches thread. It's wierd that this only happens with the O's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #192
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm not all that knowledgeable about The Show's workings, and I'm seeing that part of the issue might be when your profile and global settings are not the same. Can someone condescend to explain what this means? I'm a little dense.

And when it comes to MK's suggestion about assigning a profile to every team, how is this done?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »