Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is what seperates a GREAT company like SCEA, and one like EA Sports. SCEA has devs frequenting the messageboards, LISTENING, and taking feedback from the us the consumers. Even asking for tips/advice on how to make the game better/more enjoyable.

Its AMAZING that the game has only been out for a couple days, and there is ALREADY an update, and they are working on fixing even more things, something a company like EA Sports could take weeks, if not months to do.

I commend each and every one of the people from SCEA that have listened to us the consumer, and have worked their a$$es off to make this game the GREATEST baseball video game.

My hats off to ya!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Last yr I dont think the out of town scores were real, I think it was just random scores.

Now the out of town scores actually reflect what is happening around the league.
Last year the out of town scores were most certainly real.
If you play a franchise and control all the teams, the problem is that the games are not simulated. Only CPU vs CPU games are simulated. I noticed this and that ultimated made up my mind against an ALL 30 TEAM franchise
Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #131
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras
If you play a franchise and control all the teams, the problem is that the games are not simulated. Only CPU vs CPU games are simulated. I noticed this and that ultimated made up my mind against an ALL 30 TEAM franchise
Have you tried simulating all the other games for the day before you play the game for your team? I'm not sure if it will work, but it's possible. I know it works in Madden.

I haven't tried it yet, because I'm currently downloading the update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #132
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

I still see a problem with trades, I set everything to auto ESCEPT trades, and yet the game decided to traded for Matsui and Fuentes.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Have you tried simulating all the other games for the day before you play the game for your team? I'm not sure if it will work, but it's possible. I know it works in Madden.

I haven't tried it yet, because I'm currently downloading the update.
No. I set up my first franchise to all teams under my control, but after my second spring training game I noticed that I had the bug in previous years where if you played an exhibition game before you played a franchise game you would still get those little previous season highlights under the stats bar (second presason game and the game was telling me that Mark Tehan played 144 games last year for the Royals). Just to check that it indeed was the same bug as last years, I simmed up to opening day and saw the blank scoreboard and figured out what was going on, and I scrapped the franchise right then and there and set my next one up where I controlled only my beloved White Sox, and I turned off Budgets and turned on Force Trades. I am not sure yet if I want to turn on CPU control, would be nice to make sure the lineups are kosher, and to block the AI from trading amongst themselves, but I really do not like the fact that it turns of injuries. I mean, what is a baseball season without injuries?

Anyway, I never did do any further testing, and I cannot now since I too am downloading the new patch. At 72%, and 12 minutes remaining.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #134
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Just went through the season as the Nats and put a claim on everyone (Pujols, Fielder, Sheets) And I didn't get a single one of them. Looks like it's fixed!

Great job, SCEA!
It could have been a team with a worst record put a claim in first, hence cpu pulled them back. I ran into that yesterday Kolbe said if cpu puts claim in and have worst record they would be pulled back.

Did you happen to see if you could make trades in the off season yet? Nov. Dec.?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #135
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras
That is probably what I will do as well. I was under the impression that if you selected no profile for the other teams, you could control them if necessary, but otherwise they would all stay under CPU control. I'd rather have the out of town scores than control over teams I most likely won't use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 3

What game mode did the bug happen in?

Franchise play

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

Could not select "Result Play" to see only the payoff pitch while prefering to watch franchise games. Results create infinitely long seasons while watching.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Every game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »