Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 7
To people complaining about Manny's batting stances, well at least Sony listened to all you all and did something (no matter how accurate/inaccurate it is, I have no clue to be honest).

I have been begging them to fix Ichiro's stance and/or add his running swing (last seen in MVP Baseball) EVERY SINGLE YEAR and he still has the same freakin stance from his rookie year. Now thats messed up treatment for a legendary future Hall of Famer and the face of MLB in all Asian countries.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

They have an in game ticker in this game!! That's enough right there for me LOL I'm still blown away over that.

Last edited by jetercanoturn2; 02-25-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #91
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Absolutely beautiful, no less than i expected.

Add in the RTP and Broady Cam and this thing is going to be something else in motion.

Kudos to SCEA - you have done it again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #92
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The batting stance argument is worn out. Tim I suggest sending a PM to Chris and breaking down to him all the players you want changed and how. These other guys baiting you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation and frankly, just need to be ignored.

Would be neat to have a community member go out there(on their own dime) and do the mo-cap work. It would at least be appreciated by some of us!
I think the guy who complains the loudest, most often, and most rudely should win this "honor". I'm sure it would be very educational for him, and the results would be hilarious! I wouldn't be able to wait to hear the feedback here about his efforts....
Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
They have an in game ticker in this game!! That's enough right there for me LOL I'm still blown away over that.
Where physically is the ticker? Does it only show when the game is paused? What does it show, scores of other games in franchise mode? What about season mode?

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 9

Okay I'll chime in...

One of the things that I really loved about the MVP series was the fact that the offset angle of the batting camera really made the lefty/righty matchup something that actually meant something. Forget the stats, forget the splits on who hits which pitcher, the straight-on camera from the catcher's mask did nothing to make it any tougher to "see" the ball and hit the button to swing at it.

This video showed the reason that, in the late innings, one might pinch hit that right handed batter to face the lefty, so that the person playing the game uses the righty/lefty advantage for themselves, as well as the stats as dictated by the virtual player in the batter's box. The camera angle now looks more like the view from the umpires mask, as he sits over the opposite shoulder of the catcher. I love it.

The throw from Rollins showed off some of the new physics and possibly a bit of the player ratings playing a part in the throw. Jimmy nails the landing and makes the stop, but that throw, unless you are Ken Caminiti, is going to be tough to get some power behind with a foot planted behind you, and from one knee. I was glad to see that the throw was just not a step late, it was 2 1/2 steps late. As it should be.

Love the broadcast view on defense, if just for a fleeting second or two. Especially like the replay where the camera zooms in on the play made in foul territory and shows a close up of the third baseman making the play. Very similar to a TV presentation shot, and I get the impression the fellas in the broadcast truck are switching the camera shots for the replay angles... awesome.

****Cannot wait for this game...

Tried to bribe a BB employee to give up the Kiosk Disc for $100... He said he would let me know....

syf
Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #95
Banned

OVR: 27

Very very cool video! As a longtime Phillies fan, seeing how gorgeous Citizens Bank Park looks this year in the game, it makes me even more excited for release day. Graphics definitely were overhauled.

I do have one question if anyone would happen to know...

Was the gameplay video played in 1080p or 720p? If it is in 720p which is what I have, then amazing job! Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Exclusive Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay (Gametrailers)

Good thing they've got Halladay's delivery right to a T this time and also Manny's!! In 09 they were both off a little off but not by much but in 10 you can defenitely tell it's dead on accurate. Man, Tuesday here I come and cant wait to see what else has improved and changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »