Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Thanks for the explanation Stealyerface... I figured that it shifted left/right, but wasn't sure what the rationale was this time of year. I thought I could tell balls/strikes better in MLB '09 than any game before it (I was a big MVP guy myself), but hopefully this helps a little more.
I don't know.... After watching again, I think that the fastballs up in the zone will be hard to see if they are just off the plate...

Going to make it very important to look for a pitch to drive as opposed to just flailing away up there...

syf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #122
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon7 Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
The only thing that I have to worry about is how long that inning took ... 10 minutes for a half inning? There are 17 or 18 half innings in a game... that's bordering on a 170/180 minute game. I'm sure it speeds up and you can turn on Quick Play, but it was still pretty long. That was also just 4 batters I think?

I know maybe some people would want the game to have a near 1:1 time from the real thing on TV versus the thing you play... but that particular thing seemed a little long.
I (for one) love the 1:1 ratio of video games:real time games, so I love how SCEA has implemented (for a few years now) the aspect that baseball is a slooooow game and (for the casual gamer) they can use "quick play" or just hit-X through everything like Russell said.

I don't hit-X through anything, because I just love the game of baseball, the mind-tricks etc...yea, I don't always have the time to play, but it usually takes me a long time to play an entire game (and I REPLAY a lot of things because the game visually is great). I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The purpose of this video was to show everything no pressing x to speed the game up. That's why it was so long and only 3 outs
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Exclusive Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay (Gametrailers)

I will be the first to say this game looks absolutely incredible, but I find it downright laughable that anyone who makes so much as the slightest critique gets insulted to high heaven, but if a speck of dirt is out of place in the other game, everyone is QUICK to jump on it. Just my 2 cents.

For what it's worth, I agree with the dude who said Manny was off and Halladay's last 25% was off. When I was watching the video, I only knew it was Manny because of the hair and the announcer. Batting stance is way off and I know my baseball stances. Likewise, Halladay's first 75% is PERFECT. Stride is off.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #124
MVP

OVR: 9

Henceforth, we shall refer to the other game as "The Game-which-shall-not-be-named"...

That ought to keep it civil.

syf
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 11
I bought a PS3 last year for the single purpose of playing The Show, so of course I think the game is pretty darn perfect. New features are just bonus compared to what I was used to playing on the XBox 360.
This game will be by far the best sports game ever made, and The Show has far surpased in importance to me. I never understood all those people getting all amped up to buy Madden every year, The Show has replaced Madden as THE sports game.

The game looks unbelievably great, and I cannot wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #126
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
LMAO
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #127
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Lol nice image there.
But irrelevant xD
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #128
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I will be the first to say this game looks absolutely incredible, but I find it downright laughable that anyone who makes so much as the slightest critique gets insulted to high heaven, but if a speck of dirt is out of place in the other game, everyone is QUICK to jump on it. Just my 2 cents.

For what it's worth, I agree with the dude who said Manny was off and Halladay's last 25% was off. When I was watching the video, I only knew it was Manny because of the hair and the announcer. Batting stance is way off and I know my baseball stances. Likewise, Halladay's first 75% is PERFECT. Stride is off.
i dunno, i'd have to watch something off youtube to really see if H's was any percent off... some players i know more than others... safe to say for most of us that's also true... we follow some more than others... i dont know how the motions are recorded for the game...they put some 'actor' on a point sensor suit and film the guy bat 'like' someone or pitch 'like' someone (motion capture) then they paint a body over the wire skeleton.... but i 'thought' some programmer then runs some real video footage of the real athlete and tweaks everything to accuracy. i'm just surprised they can be so off as claimed. esp. a big star.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »