Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #97
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Where physically is the ticker? Does it only show when the game is paused? What does it show, scores of other games in franchise mode? What about season mode?

Thanks!

The ticker drops down from the linescore when it wants to relay the info.
It will stay static if the info fits...it will scroll when it is more info.
From Community Day I saw....Game time and temp and skies...the umpire crew...base coaches...pitch count...scorers decisions.....league leaders for many catagories...and Kolbe has just told us that more has been added and from what I was asking at the CD....it is franchise scores.
You also get a box overlay in between innings of the out of town scores....I think it was in between 3/4.......6/7 and then the end of the game.
All of this...I LOVE! DYNAMIC FRANCHISE!!!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #98
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
Nice video!, but it's time for a change. The game is getting stale and old now with the same anouncers. I've been hearing the same lines over and over. And that baby crying in the background is still there!!.ughh
i thought the video was boring, but in a good way.
let me explain.

baseball is slow.
some even dare say its ....BORING.

that half inning is baseball a lot f the time.
A slow easy sunday afternoon kind of thing.

I like that.

I also like that u can play the game at that pace.

As far as stale, I agree.
The announcers need a makeover.
I have a feeling we wil see changes ones the guys contracts are up.

But the video was fun, in a baseball way.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #99
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

All of this sounds great! It should really add to the franchise mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The ticker drops down from the linescore when it wants to relay the info.
It will stay static if the info fits...it will scroll when it is more info.
From Community Day I saw....Game time and temp and skies...the umpire crew...base coaches...pitch count...scorers decisions.....league leaders for many catagories...and Kolbe has just told us that more has been added and from what I was asking at the CD....it is franchise scores.
You also get a box overlay in between innings of the out of town scores....I think it was in between 3/4.......6/7 and then the end of the game.
All of this...I LOVE! DYNAMIC FRANCHISE!!!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Exclusive Dodgers at Phillies Gameplay (Gametrailers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
On the Furcal popup...kinda strange that the 3B and LF don't run after it. They just stand there and the SS runs over it. It's his ball, yes, but normally there would be 3 people running after that.
This is a good observation that I noticed as well.

I think what happens is that when the ball is hit, the AI determines "the SS is going to catch it", which is the correct call. So the AI is only concerned with the SS getting over there and making the play.

But even though it's the SS's play, the 3B and/or LF should at least run out as well. And in a game that looks so true-to-life, it's kind of jarring to see anything that doesn't look like what you'd see in a broadcast on TV. But still, it's completely an aethetic thing.

As for the debate about stances and correct deliveries, I'm kind of a stickler about that stuff as well, but I think it would be impossible to satisfy everyone in this regard. More important than each stance being perfect, to me at least, is to attempt to individualize every player in the game as much possible, and The Show absolutely does this more than any sports game that I can think of.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJColossal
This is a good observation that I noticed as well.

I think what happens is that when the ball is hit, the AI determines "the SS is going to catch it", which is the correct call. So the AI is only concerned with the SS getting over there and making the play.

But even though it's the SS's play, the 3B and/or LF should at least run out as well. And in a game that looks so true-to-life, it's kind of jarring to see anything that doesn't look like what you'd see in a broadcast on TV. But still, it's completely an aethetic thing.

As for the debate about stances and correct deliveries, I'm kind of a stickler about that stuff as well, but I think it would be impossible to satisfy everyone in this regard. More important than each stance being perfect, to me at least, is to attempt to individualize every player in the game as much possible, and The Show absolutely does this more than any sports game that I can think of.

The only guy that doesn't move is the 3rd baseman, the LF is running towards the foul line in an attempt too assist, watch it again you will see it, as Rollins is throwing the ball to the 2nd baseman, pause it 4:22 and you will see the LF retreating back to his zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 8

The Game looks Beautiful, and the game play looks tight. Well done again Sony Dev., as always.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 3
Cool-- must have missed the LF going out.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #104
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

I was just getting ready to post this, myself. You can see him running back, but on the replay shown you can plainly see the LF running towards the foul line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
The only guy that doesn't move is the 3rd baseman, the LF is running towards the foul line in an attempt too assist, watch it again you will see it, as Rollins is throwing the ball to the 2nd baseman, pause it 4:22 and you will see the LF retreating back to his zone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »