Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #393
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Was anybody really able to hit any gapers?

I think I only had 1 double in the 7-8 games I played.
7-8 demo games is not even 3 real life games. Also keep in mind the demo is 3 innings and has a fresh starter so we aren't getting into pitch counts, fatigue or middle relief.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #394
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
7-8 demo games is not even 3 real life games. Also keep in mind the demo is 3 innings and has a fresh starter so we aren't getting into pitch counts, fatigue or middle relief.
What your saying is always right since the inning with themost amount of runs scored in a game is the first.

I have had htis problem though
Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #395
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Was anybody really able to hit any gapers?

I think I only had 1 double in the 7-8 games I played.
I've hit a couple gapers that resulted in doubles. One was a roller that went all the way to the wall and while watching it roll, I remembered an earlier post here that said they had seen one roll to the wall and collision detection was bad because the fielders went berserk trying to get the ball, resulting in an IPHR. So, I was mindful to see if the same thing happened here but the RF played it well and I was still in standing up. That said, I will say that the OF seems to cover distances pretty well so may have to "slow them" down a bit with a slider.

I'm liking the hit varieties, bloopers and blasts alike. I had a nice triple hit against me that hit just inside the 3rd base line that I should have scooped up but misplayed and rolled past into the corner. I have not given up a HR yet, but have hit several, one of them a walk off HR. And yes, the bench met me at the plate.

Speaking of misplays, has anyone committed an error? I have not seen one called yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #396
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I've had 4 doubles in 3 games, all with the contact swing: 3 were down the line and one was a gapper.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-24-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #397
Rookie

rdonnel1's Arena

OVR: 3

Haved played a couple games so far and I am really liking what I see. Graphics are so much better, fielding is smoother, and the hitting and pitching is fun.

The only thing that I think can be improved is the speed of the game play. I haven't really seen any slowly hit ground balls and I feel like every thing is just too fast. Balls get to the fielders way too quick and everything is a screaming line drive (except for some high pop outs here and there). Im hoping that we can change it with sliders and slow down the fielders speed and stuff
Old 02-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 8

I just made the decision to switch to classic hitting and it is way better, imo.

I hit 4 homeruns in a row to start the game with the Yankees, and was considering canceling my pre-order, until I switched to classic. Much better now.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #399
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I just made the decision to switch to classic hitting and it is way better, imo.

I hit 4 homeruns in a row to start the game with the Yankees, and was considering canceling my pre-order, until I switched to classic. Much better now.
Can you describe what classic hitting is? Does it have a cursor? Is there a power and contact separation in the control scheme?

If it's one-button swinging, even if it's influential left-stick control, I think that would be the best option (slight shades of 2K7, only they revamped the hitting model).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #400
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Can you describe what classic hitting is? Does it have a cursor? Is there a power and contact separation in the control scheme?

If it's one-button swinging, even if it's influential left-stick control, I think that would be the best option (slight shades of 2K7, only they revamped the hitting model).
Blzer, I believe it's 2 button (Power & Contact) with Influential LS Control

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »