Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #385
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Does anybody know if the demo is in "quick mode" or not? I read in someone's post in another thread that it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #386
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Guys, After viewing more of the demo vids that are on you tube and here on OS, I'm really loving what I'm seeing now, I 99% sure that I will be buying this year, I buy every year, but I had my second thoughts until I saw a lot of the demo vids. I really think the game looks solid and looks like it's going to play really well this year.

There is just one thing, I clipped this pic from a video, and who the hell is this coach for Philly, he look to damn weird.

N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #387
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Guys, After viewing more of the demo vids that are on you tube and here on OS, I'm really loving what I'm seeing now, I 99% sure that I will be buying this year, I buy every year, but I had my second thoughts until I saw a lot of the demo vids. I really think the game looks solid and looks like it's going to play really well this year.

There is just one thing, I clipped this pic from a video, and who the hell is this coach for Philly, he look to damn weird.

Probably just a visual glitch/hiccup in the game. I've seen Manuel a handful of times during camera cutaways and he looks pretty spot on (as does Girardi).
Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #388
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't like how, after stealing a base, your guy just stands there like a statue. They should have finished that animation.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #389
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
People appear to be using rose colored glasses with MLB2K again. This game isn't much of an upgrade from last season. The CPU still swings at anything close to a strike. The same ridiculous animations are there when a pitcher throws inside to a hitter.
I don't really agree with this...many people have said the cpu swings at "anything close" and I have to disagree. Matter of fact, I've struck out a lot of guys looking, more so than I have in any other baseball game I've ever played (and this is just the demo)...almost to the point where I was wondering if the cpu took too many pitches.

Also, this is a major improvement over last years game. The game last year wasn't even playable...this game is way better than last year. I don't even think that is debatable. Does it measure up to the The Show? No, it still has a long way to go...but I can safely say that based on my experience the demo, they're at least starting (after all these years) to make some progress.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #390
Rookie

Zeekesimo's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinOrgans
I don't like how, after stealing a base, your guy just stands there like a statue. They should have finished that animation.
This isn't the final stage of the game... Not all the animations are going to be in there just like not all the teams are available.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #391
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12

Loving the demo! Maybe 2K ball is at the level The Show was in 04...a good game, with a tonne of upside, but not quite there yet!
That being said..I loved Sony's baseball game that year, so things are looking up for 2K ball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #392
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I don't really agree with this...many people have said the cpu swings at "anything close" and I have to disagree. Matter of fact, I've struck out a lot of guys looking, more so than I have in any other baseball game I've ever played (and this is just the demo)...almost to the point where I was wondering if the cpu took too many pitches.

Also, this is a major improvement over last years game. The game last year wasn't even playable...this game is way better than last year. I don't even think that is debatable. Does it measure up to the The Show? No, it still has a long way to go...but I can safely say that based on my experience the demo, they're at least starting (after all these years) to make some progress.
I've struck out two CPU hitters last night looking. One was a breaking ball right over the plate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »