Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #401
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Blzer, I believe it's 2 button (Power & Contact) with Influential LS Control
Ah, gotcha.

I only hope that sliders can allow us to tweak it to one-button swinging like 2K5 could or The Show can, but if there is indeed that power/contact discrepancy that doesn't allow us to use the power swing with contact hitters regardless (like if makes them inferior hitters in general and not the same kind of hitter as normal), then this will be a problem.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #402
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Ah, gotcha.

I only hope that sliders can allow us to tweak it to one-button swinging like 2K5 could or The Show can, but if there is indeed that power/contact discrepancy that doesn't allow us to use the power swing with contact hitters regardless (like if makes them inferior hitters in general and not the same kind of hitter as normal), then this will be a problem.
Hopefully someone can double-check this 4-you as I'm going off the top of my head. I did see the option to switch to CLASSIC Hitting though
Old 02-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #403
MVP

duke776's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Also I don't understand the "CPU is still swing happy" comments. I'm getting anywhere from 1 to 3 caught lookings a game and a good amount of watched pitches.
I actually made a comment about them being swing happy yesteday, but after putting some more time into it last night I figured out why I was still seeing that. I had pitched 3 of my first 4 games with Bastardo of the phillies, and he's not that good, and the cpu was very aggressive against him. Last night I pitched a game with Javier Vasquez, CC Sabathia, JA Happ, and then Bastardo again. In the games with Vasquez, Sabathia, and Happ the cpu was taking more pitches, I struck out some looking, and even walked a few. With the Bastardo game, the cpu was aggressive again. It seems like the cpu likes to be aggressive vs bad pitchers, and patient vs good ones. So I retract my statement that they're still "swing happy", it just happened to look that way because of who I had pitched with.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #404
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Hopefully someone can double-check this 4-you as I'm going off the top of my head. I did see the option to switch to CLASSIC Hitting though
This is correct. I tinkered with it a little last night, and thought it was just OK. I never really gelled with stick hitting until playing this demo. The defensive swing is amazing, and I quickly ditched classic hitting for total control.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #405
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

how often do you hit homeruns by using the regular contact swing and not power swing? thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #406
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I used CLASSIC hitting today and there is only one swing button with the LS influence. There isn't a choice for Power/Contact/Defensive.

I did notice that the hitters will use different swing types on their own based on where the ball is pitched and the direction you have the LS pushed.

There were some obvious defensive swings that I saw in the one game that I used Classic.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #407
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Just one button (A) with L stick influence. Honestly, without a cursor (which I hope is still in for the final) classic hitting is pretty bad IMO. I saw a lot of the old issues (goofed physics, occasional weird lag) with classic. Not as much as in years past, but it didn't feel near as good as the swing stick.

And this is coming from a guy who hates the swing stick...lol.

EDIT: Also, to address some of the "Doubles are impossible" comments, I haven't seen it. I've hit plenty (more down the line than in the gap though). While I do feel the OF tends to play too far back and close the gaps pretty fast, I don't see it being a big problem as they are certainly attainable.

I also have no issue with hit variety, but hopefully the cursor option is still there because I felt that offered the best hitting experience for 2K9.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 02-24-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: doubles...
Old 02-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #408
Pro

OVR: 13

Will there be batting practice and defensive practice in the retail version like last year's game had?

BigBlue

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »