Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #377
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

in 2k9 i ended up toning down baserunning speed and fielding speed... personally, i have no problem with using sliders to slow the game down a bit. i think some people here are just wanting to be nitpicky. will 2k ever make a "perfect" baseball game? no. but it's not the worst game ever made. i had a lot of slider changes to MVP Baseball 05 (original xbox) and it's considered a great game (which I agree with). Slider adjustments will fix some of these things revealed here in the demo.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #378
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Was anybody really able to hit any gapers?

I think I only had 1 double in the 7-8 games I played.
I hit a double with Nick Johnson in my 3rd game. The ball was hit in the gap, but because the outfield was playing so deep it was cut off before it reached the wall... Still made it to second though. Oh an Polanco hit a triple off of me by going the other way down the line when my OF was shading him to the left.

I just want to say... "Defensive swing", where have you been all of my life. For the first time ever I am putting together gutty tough at bats. I had a 16 pitch battle with Brett Gardner, which ended in a weak pop fly to center. The most gratifying pop fly out I have ever hit in 20 years baseball video gaming.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 1
I had a fun time with the demo, and I really enjoyed the new hitting and pitching mechanics. I will definitely buy it.
The game looks good, and the player models are much improved.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #380
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I hit a double with Nick Johnson in my 3rd game. The ball was hit in the gap, but because the outfield was playing so deep it was cut off before it reached the wall... Still made it to second though. Oh an Polanco hit a triple off of me by going the other way down the line when my OF was shading him to the left.
That's good to hear. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #381
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played the demo for about an hour and have found myself having a good time. There are some really good things that they have done this year.

PROS
-The graphics are much better than last year especially the close ups.
-The Interface is tons better giving much more info than last year.
-Game plays smoothly
-Pitch counts tremendously better than last year
CONS
-There are a good amount of jaggies especially the scoreboard, mound, and shadows (hopefully fixed in final game)
-The pickoff animation is goofy a good amount of the time, as if the runner is not far enough to slide back I'm not sure its just weird
-There is still a good amount of homeruns, but not like the slugfest 2k9 was (probably remedied with sliders)

I must say I told myself last year that I would not purchase this game first day, but now I'm contemplating a midnight trip to Walmart if not the early morning on the 2nd. I am very impressed with what they have done this year and the amount of things they have fixed, although this game may not be the best baseball sim ever, it shows me that 2k and VC are working hard to give 360 owners a solid baseball game that is worth their time. They also are going to be much more competitive with The Show on the ps3 platform, in my opinion. I have been impressed 2K keep working hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #382
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
in 2k9 i ended up toning down baserunning speed and fielding speed... personally, i have no problem with using sliders to slow the game down a bit. i think some people here are just wanting to be nitpicky. will 2k ever make a "perfect" baseball game? no. but it's not the worst game ever made. i had a lot of slider changes to MVP Baseball 05 (original xbox) and it's considered a great game (which I agree with). Slider adjustments will fix some of these things revealed here in the demo.
I totally agree with ya mkharsh, Base Running, Fielder Speed & Power are all sliders that need tweaking OTB as much as any sliders. I really hope Steve post some screens of this years sliders so we can get a sense of what were working with this year
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #383
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Thanks for answering my question Joe.

bottom line us 360 users have a very playable, *gasp* even enjoyable(?)baseball game this year.

That's enough for me for now.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #384
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Thanks for answering my question Joe.

bottom line us 360 users have a very playable, *gasp* even enjoyable(?)baseball game this year.

That's enough for me for now.
NP, Jistic. Look forward to seeing what you come-up with this year around sliders..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »