Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 2
"bad gesture" made me chuckle inside
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #122
Rookie

pratojr79's Arena

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

correction...I'm watching it again and the afformentioned buildings are there...it just the batter's eye angle that gave it a weird optical "the buildings are missing" illusion.

dont listen to me...i'm tired.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #123
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

I am going to get my ONE gripe out of the way first and to some, it's going to seem very petty, but it does bother me...

When Marlon Byrd comes up to bat, he is wearing a Texas Rangers hat in his photo. I know he played for the Rangers last year, but if you look at his profile page at MLB.com you'll see that they already have him in a Cubs hat. My gripe is that 2K has the MLB license, so use the updated photo with the correct hat on - it shouldn't be too hard.

There... Like I said, most of you might think it's petty, but I see it as being one of the little details that could make the game better. Maybe I'm in the minority, though. Either way, that's just my opinion.

Overall, I was impressed. The game looks pretty good and a definite step up from 2K9. I'm not going to get too excited though, so I'll wait until more videos come out and I will of course wait until after the release to make a purchasing decision. But I'd be lying if I said that I am not a tad bit excited over the prospect of this game being solid this year.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 AM   #124
Banned

Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
I don't know how to put it... but did you guys watch the same video I did?

everyone sounds so positive about the game and I didn't find one positive out of that video.
Do you always find it so easy to massively exaggerate?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:23 AM   #125
Banned

After watching the video for a second time, I too noticed the numbering and lettering... For a game that does look better than last year, that's pretty disappointing. The numbers and lettering do look horrible. It really cheapens the graphics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #126
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
I thought it looked fine. I was glad to see the CPU taking pitches. the pitching mode looks good. There was nothing in that video that would prevent me from picking this up day one.

Do the uniforms look wonky? Sure. But I'm not sure I get the fascination with that crap. Same with editing batting stances.

Gameplay is what matters, and it looked solid on offense and defense. It looked like a solid game of baseball. I know some did not care for the hitting cam, which I am assuming is customizable. But that is what I usually used in 2K9. It makes reading the pitches easier. and it was very easy to read pitches before you had to swing.

Graphically, it doesn't touch what MLB 10 has shown so far. But it does what it needs to do.
Pretty condescending there. It does matter to a lot of gamers.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #127
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Holy hell, those uniforms look AWFUL. Seriously, I was shocked to see how distracting the numbers are. Wayyy too large, and they don't appear to be the correct font either. Those look NOTHING like the Cubs' jersey numbers. And that player name font is extremely bad. Seriously, the name/number makes the jerseys look like something out of a Nintendo 64 baseball game. PLEASE tell me they will at least attempt to fix this with a patch.

The crowd looks pretty good up close, although I think the fans need to interact with each other a little. It's disturbing to see how intently focused they are on the field. When the fans are sitting calmly in their seats, not a single fan stands up and walks around, and nobody is even talking or carrying on a conversation. They look like scared children in a 5th grade detention. Aside from these issues and the horrible uniforms, I am pleased with the graphics and presentation.

The gameplay looks pretty good, although the ball REALLY jumps off the bat, doesn't it? I agree with the others who think the fielding is a bit speedy and arcade-like. The ball just moves too fast IMO.

Overall I am pretty happy with what I saw, although I still think there are a number of improvements to be made. I'm praying that they fix those uniform numbers. They are not only an eye sore, but very distracting.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 AM   #128
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Can we please critique the gameplay video and stop attacking other posters. Also the little snarky comments towards other posters need to stop as well.

Last warning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »