Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJAfan6
Im a little depressed my buccos are behind the royals???!!!
I really don't see why the wouldn't be. The Royals have started to put some nice pieces together. Not to mention Greinke as an ace is significantly better than anything the Pirates have.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 02-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 14

lol, I love threads like this. Funny how everyone overrates their team so badly.

The rankings looks perfectly fine overall. You guys complain about the same things every year yet it's always the same teams that make the playoffs.

NY, Boston, Angels, Twins is spot on for the top AL teams.

Mariners? Give me a break guys. That lineup is pathetic and their depth is laughable beyond their 1-2 pitchers.

21st looks spot on.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #171
MVP

Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBond007
Not sure if the Blue Jays are 15th, Im not arguing...because I think they will have at least 70 wins or better in the toughest division period. Put most of those other teams..any of them really in the AL East and you'll see how good your team is...theyre not. In general the AL is better than the NL and its hard to handicap the teams in the east..those other teams dont face the yankees and the red sox and blah blah blah all year long...I like the ratings
LOL

The AL West had a better head to head match-up against the East over the last several years. The Angels have a higher winning percentage against the East than those teams do against the West.

Got to love the east coast bias though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Marlins 26th? What? The Marlins have been competitive for TWO YEARS now, trading 1st/2nd place in a bloody hard division, missing the playoffs last year by six games. They've had two straight winning seasons and have been competitive in both of them, and they get no credit because everybody is bloody homegrown.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #173
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazaki
The Marlins 26th? What? The Marlins have been competitive for TWO YEARS now, trading 1st/2nd place in a bloody hard division, missing the playoffs last year by six games. They've had two straight winning seasons and have been competitive in both of them, and they get no credit because everybody is bloody homegrown.
NL East a hard division? You been on this too much-->
Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #174
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
i have one question, how in the world is the dodgers pitching staff better than the angels? i really dont get that, we have 5 starters that could win over 13 games or more in a year, the dodgers only have 2 or 3, the angels have 3 guys that could be all-star closers (scot shields is the best setup-man in the game, so i dont see why he couldnt be a great closer) plus, we got 2 closers, so do the dodgers in sherrell and broxton, but who else do they have? i mean, really, the batting i could understand them being better in, (which they arent suprisingly) but the pitching, no, i really dont see it, i really dont

and someone please explain to me how the rays are better overall than the angels as well, theres something wrong with these ratings, cant wait to tweak them to my likings when i get my hands on this game
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #175
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazaki
C'mon man, back to what I said earlier how everybody overrates their team and doesn't look at reality.

The NL East is not a bloody tough division first of all (lol). They might be the second to worst division with only the NL Central being weaker.

All the advanced statistics show the Marlins as being a .500 team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 1
I dont get the rockies 24th in fielding? Helton, Barmes, Tulo, Stewart is one of the top 5 infields. And Gonzo and Fowler are good fielders, and Hawpe is average in right. Two years ago they set the all time major league record for fielding percentage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »