Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

The Mariners should be first in defense by a mile. (Assuming the "fielding" rating takes into account range.)
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
i have one question, how in the world is the dodgers pitching staff better than the angels? i really dont get that, we have 5 starters that could win over 13 games or more in a year, the dodgers only have 2 or 3, the angels have 3 guys that could be all-star closers (scot shields is the best setup-man in the game, so i dont see why he couldnt be a great closer) plus, we got 2 closers, so do the dodgers in sherrell and broxton, but who else do they have? i mean, really, the batting i could understand them being better in, (which they arent suprisingly) but the pitching, no, i really dont see it, i really dont

and someone please explain to me how the rays are better overall than the angels as well, theres something wrong with these ratings, cant wait to tweak them to my likings when i get my hands on this game
Shields is not the best set up man.. typical Angels fan btw.. Dodgers have the one of the top 2 bullpens, and the Angels lost their best starter.. Rotations are close but LA's bullpen is above and beyond the Helos.. Ratings are perfect..
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #179
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman1025
The Mariners should be first in defense by a mile. (Assuming the "fielding" rating takes into account range.)
Um no.

Saber Metrics systems takes it into account, and they are not first, especially losing the best defensive third baseman in the game to Boston. Which the metrics systems have ranked first with this years projections.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #180
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloynoys
I dont get the rockies 24th in fielding? Helton, Barmes, Tulo, Stewart is one of the top 5 infields. And Gonzo and Fowler are good fielders, and Hawpe is average in right. Two years ago they set the all time major league record for fielding percentage.

I'm sure they're fine defensively. But you guys forget there are 29 other teams that also have fine defenses and a lot of them can be better.

Being 24th doesn't mean the end of the world. Not a lot separates the 5-20 teams.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #181
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm a Mets fan, and even I think the Marlins got royally screwed. Not that our division is that great, but that's a damn joke. I even have the Marlins finishing above us, due to how horrid our starting pitching is, sans Johan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #182
Pro

huggerorange73's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Thornton's better.
This is a fact
Old 02-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #183
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencio
Shields is not the best set up man.. typical Angels fan btw.. Dodgers have the one of the top 2 bullpens, and the Angels lost their best starter.. Rotations are close but LA's bullpen is above and beyond the Helos.. Ratings are perfect..
really? seeing as other than 09, he's led the majors in holds the last 3 or 4 years, doesnt make him one of the best? yeah, i totally see that, even if the angels lost their best starter, they picked up pinero, who had 14 wins last year i believe, and playing for a team that is good with its defence, being a ground ball pitcher, can improve that total (not so sure about wood, but eybar is a future gold glover IMO, andizturis isnt bad either, and howie is above average to average, and kendry is a great first baseman, made losing tex sting alot less) rotations are not close, the angels exceed the dodgers by far, as well does their bullpen, hell, the dodgers dont even know who the hell their 5th starter is for 2010, other than sherrell and broxten, who do you guys have? gillermo mota is gone, all you guys have is kuo, sherill (a good pitcher that should be a closer on another team, not a setup man for the dodgers), and broxton, the angels have shields, rodney (a proven closer) fuentes (given the amount of blown saves, he's just like franky, but he gets the job done), and jepsen, shields IMO is better than kuo or sherrill, maybe even broxton, the only reason broxton is good is because of his fastball (same for jepsen) shields has his 2-seamer, 93 4-seamer, and a nasty change-up, and so does rodney, shure i'm more on one side, but you know what, any way you look at it, were have the dodgers setup men been in terms of holds the last few years? besides, ratings are overrated

also, broxten blew 6 saves last year, and fuentes blew 7, fuentes got 48, broxten got 36, so if you wanna compare them, go ahead,

lastly, i'm not trying to turn this into some sort of fight or flame war, i'm mad at the ratings (and the fact that you insult my opinion)

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 2

Omfg cards rating are a joke, they have 2 cy youngesqe pitchers and a lineup with The Machine, Holliday, Luddy and are 16th! Ridiculous , Doesnt really matter I will play with them exclusively and beat the crap out of the cubs everyday because it brings me joy lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »